I defrosted a strip of siew yoke (roasted pork) which had been sitting in the freezer. I could have put it into the oven to heat up but I find that it tends to get a bit dry.
Usually this is what I would do with fresh roasted siew yoke with crispy skin :
1. Eat neat from the styrofoam box. Heaven!
2. Make Siew Yoke Kerabu
3. Make Roasted Pork Salad
4. Pair it with Strawberries
Then I remembered seeing recipes that use leftover siew yoke and one that stood out was the one that is stir fried with leeks.
So that's what I did with it. I did not refer to any recipes because I figured that I can't go wrong with garlic, light soya sauce and oyster sauce.
The siew yoke by itself was already full of flavors. So this makes for a very quick and easy stir fry. I also added a few slices of red chilies since I had some in the fridge.
Stir Fried Roasted Pork With Leeks
Recipe source : Phong Hong
- 1 strip siew yoke, cut into smaller pieces
- 2 stalks of leeks, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 red chilies, sliced
1. Heat oil in wok and fry garlic until brown and aromatic.
2. Add siew yoke and fry until heated through.
3. Add sliced leeks and stir fry.
4. Add a bit of water and cover the wok to simmer the leeks until tender.
5. Add light soya sauce and oyster sauce and sliced chilies. Continue to stir fry for a minute or two and serve.