Ever since I tried Broccoli Bagna Cauda I am very fond of roasted broccoli. To me, roasting is an easier way to cook broccoli compared to stir frying. I mean, I still love my broccoli stir fry but this is my preferred cooking method now.
It was a gloomy Sunday, the same Sunday when I made Slow Cooker BBQ Ribs. There was not enough light in the house and these days I am very fussy about my photos hah..hah... So after taking shots of my BBQ ribs, it was the broccoli's turn to strike a pose.
I was in a hurry and dashed outside before checking if anyone was around. As I was heading to my spot, my opposite neighbor saw me and he waved frantically in greeting. I smiled and waved back. Alamak. But it's OK, he probably thought I brought a bowl out to feed the birds muahahahaha! Besides, my garden is quite the jungle, so I could hide behind the foliage.
Once I was done, it was time to dig in. How could this not be delicious, eh? Bacon makes everything and anything taste good. Even broccoli. But I happen to love broccoli, so this is double the enjoyment. Have a go. I promise you that this is good. Very good!
Roasted Broccoli with Bacon
Recipe source : Adapted from Nom Nom Paleo
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into small florets
- 4 slices of smoked streaky bacon, cut into small pieces
- 5 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil
1. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil.
2. Place broccoli, garlic and bacon on the tray.
3. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Drizzle generously with olive oil and use your hands to rub olive oil into the broccoli.