This is my easy go to dish when I want to cook for my weekday meal. What I love about it is that, I can marinate the meat either overnight or for just a few hours and then I can simply chuck the meat into the oven to roast together with the sliced peppers.
I use pork loin because there is some fats in this cut. It makes the roasted meat moist and very tasty. I hate lean pork! It is so dry and I find it so hard to swallow. But my partner begs to differ. His choice is always lean meat and he worries that my arteries are clogged hah...hah...hah...
I love the roasted peppers due to that smokey aroma that they impart. And they go so well with the roasted meat. You can pretty much make up your own marinade for the meat and it will come out tasty every time.
Roasted Pork Loin with Peppers
Recipe source : Phong Hong
- 6 pieces pork loin (approximately 900g)
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 green pepper, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, sliced
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 tbsp soya sauce
- 5 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tbsp Hoisin sauce
1. Mix garlic, soaya sauce, tomato ketchup and Hoisin sauce to make the marinade.
2. In a bowl, mix the pork loin with the marinade and leave for a few hours or overnight in the fridge to marinate.
3. Take the meat out from the fridge at least an hour before roasting.
4. Line a baking tray with aluminium foil and place meat in a single layer.
5. Put peppers between the meat and roast at 180C for about 40 minutes (flipping the meat at half time) or until the meat is cooked.