Tuesday 21 March 2017

She's Back!


My auntie lah, who else? So in the midst of a very hectic work morning, I met up with her.

My auntie picked me up from my office and together we went down to the Starling basement carpark because she was too chicken to go by herself.

We were early and we sat outside Nam Heong, waiting for them to open. It was nice and quiet. When Nam Heong first opened its doors, the opening promotions were so attractive that there was a perpetual crowd hogging the entrance.

The promo period is over.
But the hype has since died down and I finally have a chance to go inside.


The interior decor has a more western cafe feel to it rather than a kopitiam and what you see sticking out on top of the table is an i-pad for ordering. Nice. So instead of writing your orders on an order chit, you simple swipe and tekan-tekan.

I asked my auntie if she was hungry and she told me that she had eaten some cream crackers for breakfast. As for me, I also had a light breakfast but wasn't hungry because of the stress of rushing stuff before I came out and also because I had a meeting to attend shortly after that (drat!).


My auntie opted for a hot tea and as usual I like my Kopi O and requested for less sweet. But when I took a sip, it was very sweet. Bah!


Looking through the menu, I selected only two items.


Siew Mai and Teochew Mai.


So kedekut, ah? No lah. Both of us were not hungry that was why I did not order much. Honestly, due to my anxiety on office matters, I could not taste the dim sum properly.

So I shall refrain from passing judgment. I have to come here on a relaxed state of mind before I can enjoy the food.

I hope that when we next meet up, I would not be so tense and can have a much better time with my auntie.


My auntie wanted to buy something from Starbucks and I pandai-pandai tell her that there is a Starbucks at The Starling. Later I realized it has not opened shop yet. 

Anyway, I will meet up with my auntie again in a few weeks time for another makan session.

38 comments:

  1. Dim sum!!! Haven't had any for a long time, not gluten free. I thought har kao would be fine but I googled and saw it has wheat starch...but then again, I saw somewhere that wheat starch is all right for gluten-sensitive people while wheat isn't?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, that warrants further reading and research. I have always thought that wheat contains gluten.

      Delete
  2. The 2 dim sum items look delicious. Hope the next makan outing with your auntie will be a relaxing and enjoyable one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dim sum.. Aiyooo, favourite SB ni,selain dari zhu zang fen.Siew mai jugak..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sedap kan? Tapi hari tu takde mood makan. Nanti nak ke sana lagi :)

      Delete
  4. you are so kind cos you made time for your auntie although you have pressing matters to attend to after meeting her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't have much of a choice hee..hee..

      Delete
  5. Siew mai is my all time favourite, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the interior decor of the cafe, very nice and cozy

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh no ... the experience of eating while stressed out and distracted by work is quite unpleasant, ya. hopefully the next auntie makan session will be a relaxed affair! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very unpleasant indeed. Yup, I hope the next one is relaxed :)

      Delete
  8. Wow! Nam Heong now has a branch in KL? When I saw your first pic, I thought d little plate for chilli sauce looked familiar. And when I read on, I learned that u were eating at Nam Heong. Personally I don't find Nam Heong's dim sum all that great, apart from their egg tart. Now that's good! 👍🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes :) Well, I must try the egg tarts next time.

      Delete
  9. Even though there is a Nam Heong air con like this in Ipoh, I think I have only been there for just three times... anyway, with the air con, it is a nice place to chat chat over there...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means it is not that exciting lah, right? LOL!

      Delete
  10. yummy, kadang tu kecik sangat sampai rasa nak makan banyak

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Betul tu. Tapi that day takde mood makan.

      Delete
  11. I like the ipad idea... seems like many restaurants are adopting this nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I'll ever meet up with anyone just to have one plate of dim sum. Too much stress getting there and back....hehe! >.< Oh, I want to eat here too since I've never eaten the one in Ipoh. This, I believe, is the 2nd outlet after Da:Men? This might be one place you won't mind waiting as I read from their Facebook that you get "freebies" if you're left waiting for 20, 40 or 60 minutes...haha! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was under stress that day LOL! I am not too sure if this is the 2nd outlet. I'd like to know what you think should you make your way here. Oh yes, there are freebies for waiting time. If 60 minutes you get roasted pork and char siew I think.

      Delete
  13. Glanced at the receipt, RM 4.20 for Kopi O... FML... these days really zzz...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh! Dim sum I can eat and eat ... tend to overeating most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All those little servings do add up!

      Delete
  15. Still, a nice time with your aunt, right? Despite your work stress.
    Take care, PH!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, still nice but could be nicer LOL! Thanks :)

      Delete
  16. PH, pliz share dimsum recepi here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry Ticer, I don't know how to make dim sum :(

      Delete
  17. I have not been there to eat. Nam Heong wah lai liao!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nam Heong will tell you lai lai lai!

      Delete
  18. I tried Nam Heong at Ipoh on my last trip, mountain people mountain sea!

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's Nan Heong at my place Subang Da Men here. Shaun and me like their white coffee ice very much! Aromatic,thick and got kick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh ya kah? Next visit I must try the white coffee.

      Delete