Sunday 26 September 2021

It's So Good To Dine In Again

One of my readers complained. You pencen (retired) already, is it? It was my mum hah..hah...

I think I have been away too long already and I miss blogging. And I miss you, my fellow bloggers and readers!

Now that we are in Phase 2 of the National Recovery Plan, dine-in is allowed at eateries. I was hesitant at first but I cannot tahan. Tapau is no fun.


So I bravely went up the the food court at The Starling, my favorite hangout.

There was a sign at the entrance.


Guess where I went?


My favorite lah, Hotpot 1. I miss the food.


I was craving for the Sweet and Sour Seafish Slice. I just love sweet and sour fish.


There was a 20% discount.


So gooood!


Another day I went to my other favorite, Pho Real


The Hanoi Beef Pho Special was as good as ever!


Need I say more?

It was very quiet at the food court, plenty of space for physical distancing.


Then I went back to Hotpot 1 again.


This time I had another favorite of mine, the Chaipu Chicken.


There were loads of curry leaves in the dish.


There was even a whole cili padi which I happily gobbled up.


Then last weekend, I returned (they should give me a medal wahahahaha!!!) for the Swiss Chicken.


I noted that this time around they don't give free side dishes but it's fine.


I liked the sweet sauce so much that I put my rice into the pot.


I will come back for the fish next.


No food prep for myself this weekend because I was cooking for my parents. So I shall enjoy eating out while being careful to stay safe.


And it is good to be back!

20 comments:

  1. I wrote a new scheduled post this morning and I tagged your previous post...and I did say that you have been MIA for so long now. Thank goodness you're back!!! I went to service my old car that day, routine servicing and the guy at the workshop said he was so very happy to see me. At a time like this, he said, when he can see anybody he has not seen for a long time, he feels very happy as it means that he or she is all right. I guess he has a point there.

    The numbers are still very high here, Sarawak No. 1 every day, more than Selangor so even though we are in Phase 3 in Sibu, I am not going anywhere - no dining out. #staysafe #staywell #stayhome I am perfectly all right with that, no problem at all.

    I sure wouldn't mind going for that pho special. Looks good! I like how that food court is virtually empty, no problem at all with physical distancing. Btw, I read somewhere than 1 metre is not enough, must be at least 2metres.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A VERY HAPPY & BLESSED BIRTHDAY! Hope you have a great day and an awesome year ahead. Take care, #stay safe!!! Cheers!!!

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for the birthday wish! I ate something good today hee..hee... blogpost on that coming right up!

      Delete
    3. In spite of cases still on the high side, things appear to have gotten back to normal here. So many cars on the road and so many people moving around, as if MCO is over!

      Delete
  2. Hi! Glad to see you are back. I also miss you!! Haha, thanks your mum for making you to come back to blogging. Lol.

    The beef pho looked yummy. I don't fancy going to malls. Prefer to dine in in coffee shops, not much going to mall and eat in one of the outlets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
    So, I guess this was actually just an rehearsal on your birthday eve, that you are going to have something big today?? Haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello SK! Thank you so much for the birthday greeting. You know me so well wahahaha! Yes, I ate something nice today hee..hee..hee...

      Delete
  4. i am yet to be 'free'....still counting down to the day when i can dine-out like this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That day will come and you will enjoy to the max! LOL!

      Delete
  5. It's so good to have you back. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear! It is good to be back!

      Delete
  6. Welcome back, my dear! Hope everything has turned out fine. It's great to be able to dine out again...though many restaurants have yet to open up for dine-in and those that have, very few tables are taken up I noticed. Ya, tapau (or delivery) is no fun (haha!) especially if it's a noodle dish with soup! For me, I still need to wait a little longer. Your Swiss chicken looks like marmite chicken from the dark, sticky sauce left behind (in which you mopped up with rice!).

    P/S: Oh, so it's your birthday today...let me be the second person to wish you Happy Birthday here then! I'm aware that your birthday is somewhere in late September (due to the celebration posts you put out but they're belated posts) so this is the first time I've been alluded to your actual day (by your reader above)...hee..hee! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my dear and it is so good to be back! All is good, praise the Lord! I did notice that not all restaurants are open for dine-in and to my delight Annie 1 is! hee..hee..

      Thank you for your birthday greetings and yes, SK let the cat out of the bag. LOL!

      Delete
  7. Well! First of all, Welcome Back. Secondly I know your birthday is coming, then "Happy Birthday" in advance. No question is ask why are MIA for so long....as long as you continue to post your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! I am back for good and will be posting like usual :)

      Delete
  8. Wah, wah, wah, syiok right to be dining there. I have eaten both beef pho and from the hot pot stall thanks to your recommendation. They sure taste good. Enjoy! Stay safe and healthy!🙏

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very syiok! I am glad you have tried the food and enjoyed it too.

      Delete
  9. Welcome back PH, hope your issues are settled now.
    I still dare not to dine in because Sam has yet got her vaccination.
    Seem like you were happy with most of your dine in (or all of them?), perhaps one of the reasons is the mood when you dined in, cause too long never did that. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Choi Yen! Since Sam is yet to be vaccinated, it is best to stay in first. The mood I would say is good, and you are right because so long never dined out hah..hah...

      Delete