Thursday 15 April 2021

So Thirsty

It has been a long, long time since I visited this place mainly because during the last one or two visits, the soup tasted weak. So I stopped visiting.

But I decided to come back. I mean, I used to enjoy the noodles here especially the pan mee. I also liked the bursting meatballs.


Ah! The have gone high tech. You scan the QR code to place your orders. But the bummer about this system is that it is incumbent upon good internet connectivity. Or else it won't work. And internet connection at the basement sucks big time (unless if free wifi is provided like this place).

As expected, the server had to bring me the physical menu and order chit. So I placed my order for my favorite - pan mee!


I added bursting meatballs. 


Nyum! The soup stock was very robust and full of flavors. There was also a generous splash of wine in the soup that made it very fragrant. So good! They were also generous with the spinach and black fungus.


I drank every drop of the soup because it was so tasty. This lunch cost me RM18.00 and now they accept e-wallets. Yay! 

But....after this meal, I became very, very thirsty. There was also a weird aftertaste in my mouth. I drank water but my thirst was not appeased. Then I remembered my late grandfather said that this drink is a very good thirst quencher.


I hardly take soft drinks anymore but no choice. And yes, it worked. No more thirsty after a few chugs of Coca Cola. Now I have second thoughts about returning should I have a pan mee craving.

14 comments:

  1. I think it is the oil in the bursting balls that cause the thirst. I also not eating at this place anymore cos prefer Mr. fish Everytime I visit starling mall. So coca cola does have its uses. To quench thirst!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah! I must go and eat at Mr Fish again.

      Delete
  2. Not a fan of pan mee but I do like noodles in clear soup. Thirsty? MSG overdose!!! And yes, I also heard - Coke is good for that!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, too much MSG! I do wish they would not do that :(

      Delete
  3. yes, Coca cola is a very good thirst quencher...Your late grandpa quite modernised to know how to drink Coke...I don't think any of my grandparents approves this cola....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! He used to buy carbonated drinks for us grandchildren.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear, luckily I don't like pan mee (I always go for the superior/ching soup), so I've never had the pan mee soup here. You, being so thirsty, you must be reacting to the msg in the soup! >_< Aiyah, like that how to lose weight...when they 'forced' you to drink sweet Coke to mitigate your thirst resulting from the soup. I don't drink carbonated drinks at all but now I know why my husband says Coke is such a thirst quencher.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I go back there, I will have the superior/ching soup and hope that I do not suffer again. I have stopped drinking carbonated drinks as now I find them way too sweet for me. I can't imagine how I could enjoy those drinks in my younger days!

      Delete
  5. Like Kris, I always order the superior soup MianXian whenever I dine in here but Sam will get the dry panmee which I think the portion is rather big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have tried the dry pan mee but found that it is quite bland.

      Delete
  6. I like pan mee with lots of spinach and crispy ikan bilis... Your bowl of pan mee certainly has lots of ingredients, no wonder very flavorful with added MSG as well...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do wish that the chef would not overdose the MSG. Just a little bit will do. I really suffered. LOL!

      Delete
  7. I like the look of the bowl of pan mee, looks delicious with so much ingredients. It could be due to excessuve ajinomoto in the soup. Its been ages I last drank coca cola.

    ReplyDelete