Thursday 23 January 2020

2020 Cookies


Sempena Chinese New Year, I spent a few hours baking. I didn't have much energy, I was more like an engine sputtering and spewing smoke.

Instead of VROOM..VROOM... I was more like vroom...vroom..ehek..ehek... I posses none of the energy I had back in 2016 and yesteryears where I actually cooked and hosted the reunion dinner and even lunch/dinner the following day(s). No more!

So. Let's see. What did I bake?


I found packets of dried cranberries in the fridge which were still good and I bought Nestum to bake these cranberry Nestum cookies. As usual, I cannot get the cookies small and dainty no matter how hard I try.


This is the first batch. Had to bake in four batches because my oven is small. Then I started on my next batch of cookies.


These are chocolate based and since there was still a lot of Nestum left after coating the first batch of cookies, these became Horlicks Nestum chocolate chip cookies. 

The initial two batches were rolled and coated with Nestum. Then I got tired and dumped the Nestum into the remaining dough. Made them into little balls and pressed with a fork.

Then I was exhausted and made larger balls and pressed them thinly to make some sort of crunchy biscuit.


See. One dough. Three shapes. Many sizes. That's why I don't sell cookies. If I sell, I have to make sure same size, same shape. So I cannot be bothered. I bake. You eat. Don't complain. Simple. hah..hah..


There you go. 


Tomorrow is the eve of Chinese New Year and my family and I are having our dinner at a restaurant. No cooking! Woohoo!! heh..heh...

I would like to wish all of you who are celebrating a very HAPPY, HEALTHY AND PEACEFUL CHINESE NEW YEAR! KEONG HEE HUAT CHYE! HUAT AH!

16 comments:

  1. At least your engine is still sputtering....mine died many years ago (I meant the cookie-making engine!) >.< My cooking engine still going strong and I'll be contributing two dishes for tomorrow's reunion makan...and probably cook a few more during the course of the holidays interspersed with eating out. Good for you...that you'll be eating out, no need to slave over the kitchen. Here's wishing you and your family Gong Xi Fa Cai along with good health and abundant wealth for the coming lunar new year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So will I get to see your dishes? hee..hee... Thank you for the good wishes and I hope you had an enjoyable CNY with your family and friends.

      Delete
  2. I don't care about the size and shape. as long as they are tasty, I will eat them happily. I am sure your cookies are tasty! Gong Xi Fa Cai!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee... They tasted all right to me :)

      Delete
  3. those cookies look so tempting, your family should be able to finish everything within one afternoon! :D wishing you a super-duper delicious CNY eve dinner and a wonderful holiday break with lots of love and laughter! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What family? Those are for me. Just kidding wahahaha!!

      Delete
  4. Wow you made two thousand twenty pieces of cookies! Lol!

    I will eat these cookies dunked in milk, yums!

    Here is wishing you gong xi fa cai, a peaceful and healthy rat year. May your year ahead be without worries and problems. Huat arrrrr!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! I did not think of it that way. If I baked 2020 pieces of cookies, pengsan liao!

      Delete
  5. Kong Hee Fatt Choy to you and all loved ones! Only 4 kah? LOL!!! Wait till you see what my missus made AND bought!!! Coming back with a vengeance since we did not celebrate for a few years now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cookies must be very tasty. I too not bothered with size or shape. I didn't bake cookies for many years, probably no mood. I will be cooking most of the meals (lunch and dinner). Tiring and free sauna bath cooking in the kitchen in this hot weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good that you have the energy to home cook for the festive period. Home cooked to me is best. The spirit is willing but the flesh...so weak... LOL!

      Delete
  7. Quite a bake. You are so hardworking.

    Wish you a Happy Chinese New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Chinese New Year!

    Wow! What a lot of yummy cookies.
    Habislah diet. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lina. Memang, my diet koyak! LOL!

      Delete