Addicted. Hopelessly addicted. After I had Sriracha Chicken Wings, I couldn't stop thinking of what else I could do with Sriracha.
I had a big piece (400g) of chicken breast in the freezer and a chicken pasta came to mind. For the marinade, I used sriracha, honey, lime zest and juice, garlic and shredded kaffir lime leaves. I left the chicken to marinate for about 5 hours.
|Chicken marinating inside a freezer bag. I left it in the fridge for|
5 hours and took it out to room temperature before roasting.
|Roasted on a lined tray at 180C for 30 minutes. Baste every 10 minutes.|
Then I roasted the chicken at 180C for about 30 minutes. The smells wafting through my kitchen reminded me of tomyam! The chicken breast turned out very tender and moist. You could say that I am almost a chicken breasts convert. Almost.
You could serve the sliced chicken as it is with rice or toss it with a pasta, using the roasting juices as sauce.
If you want more heat, drizzle extra sriracha on the pasta like I did.
This is really good I tell you.
And if you are a coriander lover, which I am, you can "banjir" (flood) your pasta with this aromatic herb.
I think a squeeze of lime juice will perk up this pasta even more, not that it needs anything extra.
I'll have to say that sriracha is my best discovery yet in 2015. Am I glad!
Sriracha Chicken Pasta
Recipe source : Adapted from here
For the chicken :
- 1 piece chicken breasts with skin on (about 400g)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons sriracha
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 1 big clove garlic, crushed or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients and chicken.
2. Place into a plastic bag and leave in the fridge to marinate for at least 4 hours.
3. Bring out to come to room temperature before roasting at 180C for about 30 minutes or until the chicken in cooked. Baste with the marinade every 10 minutes.
4. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
For the pasta :
- pasta of your choice, cooked to packet instructions
- 2 kaffir lime leaves, shredded (optional)
- some coriander leaves (optional)
1. Cook pasta until al dente and drain.
2. Toss the pasta in the pan juices.
3. Place pasta in a bowl and to with chicken slices.
4. Garnish with shredded kaffir lime leaves and coriander.
5. Drizzle extra sriracha if desired.