I was craving for pasta. Gimme my carbs!! To borrow a terminology from Dexter, I gave in to my Dark Passenger. Dexter's Dark Passenger kills but mine eats.
So spaghetti it was and a quick and simple one. I marinated a bunch of pork chops (actually they are shoulder loin) and set one aside for my pasta. This is how I cooked the pork chop and cherry tomatoes.
I lined a round stainless steel tray with aluminum foil and placed a handful of cherry tomatoes on the lined tray. On goes a wire rack (yup, my cake cooling rack) and on the rack I placed a piece of pork chop. Before I did that, I made sure to rub the pork with some olive oil. The tray went into the oven at 180C for 16 minutes and once done it was left in there for another 10 minutes to continue cooking on residual heat. While all that was going on, I cooked the spaghetti.
This is how my grilled pork chop and tomatoes looked like when they came out of the oven. I let the meat rest for 10 minutes before slicing it into bite sized pieces.
After I drained the spaghetti, I tossed it in some onion and garlic oil which I made earlier. Then I threw in the pork piece and tomatoes and mixed everything together.
Ohhh....it was sooooo good!! I thought the marinated pork was particularly tasty and everything went so well together.
Since I enjoyed the spaghetti so much, I thought I should share the recipe here. I marinated 4 pieces of pork chops and I basically eye balled the recipe. So, by all means make your own adjustments according to taste. My Dark Passenger now rests in peace.
Spaghetti with Pork Chops and Tomatoes
Recipe source : Phong Hong
Ingredients for pork chops :
- 1 piece of pork loin, pound with a meat tenderizer hammer
Ingredients for marinade :
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon Lea & Perrins sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 clove garlic finely pounded
- 1 tsp tapioca starch
- some pepper
- spaghetti, as much as you like
- cherry tomatoes, as many as you like
1. Mix all the marinade ingredients together and marinate pork chop for 1 hour.
2. Line a stainless steel tray or baking tray with aluminium foil.
3. Place cherry tomatoes on the lined tray.
4. Put a baking rack on the tray.
5. Rub pork chop with oil and place on top of the baking tray. Sprinkle with pepper.
6. Cook in the oven at 180C for 16 minutes and leave to cook further for another 10 minutes on residual heat.
7. Rest the meat for 10 minutes before slicing.
8. Cook spaghetti as per packet instruction. Once cooked, drain and toss on onion and garlic oil.
9. Add sliced pork chops and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper and toss to mix. Eat!