Friday 6 December 2019

What Have I Been Eating? Nasi Kandar!


Sien punya sien, still wanna blog wahahahaha! There were some photos in my phone, so I better put them out before end of the year. Or else you will be reading what I ate last year.

I haven't had nasi kandar this like for ages and ages because I was avoiding rice, noodles and such. 

Now that I eat carbs (albeit in moderation not like in the old days), I can revisit my old love heh...heh..


This is rice, ayam bawang, ladies fingers and acar with kuah ikan. All this and a glass of teh o ais kosong cost me RM11.90. And the best part is this shop accepts Boost.


Next day I went back for ayam goreng, crispy bitter gourd, long beans and some kind of gourd with kuah ayam. Total cost with drink RM10.90. So satisfying!


One more round. This was at another place. Ladies fingers, spinach, kari daging and a piece of taukwa. I had one ais limau and this meal cost me RM12.00.


Then I revisited Nasi Kukus Lejen for the Nasi Kukus Keli Krispy. Guess how much? RM6.50 only. Chilled water is free.


For dinner, I went back to Ayam Gepuk Berempah Damansara Uptown. Eh, I can tahan this Level 1 Pedas pulak. I suspect my previous visit they accidentally gave me Level 2 Pedas

Weekends sometimes I order food via Grabfood. Kenny Roger's Roasters. I haven't been to this outlet for many, many years.


The food is still pretty good. I forgot to request for the leg hence I ended up with breast portion. But the meat was moist and juicy, so no complaints. The sides were nice and I still enjoy their muffins.


This is the Keto Bowl which from Goodness Greens, one of my regulars. As I was enjoying my meal, guess who showed up?


She does that all the time. She wants a piece of the action. So I gave her some chicken. She seems to enjoy chicken. Maybe I will cook some for her next time.


heh..heh..heh... I love ice cream! This waffle something something is, as you may have guessed, from Baskin Robbins.

Of course I still love IlaoIlao frozen yogurt. I usually get this on Wednesdays when they give discount.


Tried the mango sauce on my brother's recommendation. Nice but a little sweet for me.


On Black Friday, the yogurt also became black hah..hah...

And with that, I shall be on a break next week. For how long? Don't know. But don't take my word for it :)

20 comments:

  1. aha....a sudden post with lotsa foods....I macam kena bombarded with food pictures! the nasi kandar pics made me craving for it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food glorious food. I am sure all these satisfying food will make you feel less sien. Ah i love the heartwarming moments that you had with your cat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wah! You are making me hungry with all the delicious food! I thought I want to diet a bit but maybe can wait till tomorrow! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe after Christmas and Chinese New Year we diet. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your break! Good that you are back to enjoying rice again. Never deprive yourself of the food you love, just eat in moderation - that is what I believe. Is the name of your girl, Girl? Meaning you call her Girl to her face? So generous and sweet of you to share your chicken with her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been calling her "girl" from day one and the name stuck hee..hee..

      Delete
  5. I see you've been indulging in quite a bit of fried chicken lately...and llaollao too...hihihi! ;) Haha, even our our cats have something in common...Cookie likes chicken too. And that Nasi Kukus Keli, the rice looks like a wet mush. >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put on some weight >.< The nasi kukus was mushy and the ikan keli was not crispy as it was already cold haiz. Yes, I remember Cookie likes chicken breast and it must be unsalted hee..hee.. I will buy chicken breast and cook for my Girl too.

      Delete
  6. i love nasi kandar but it's tricky to find my three favourite ingredients altogether - chicken liver, fried fish roe, and the most elusive of all now, sambal kerang :D i also always receive breast meat from kenny rogers' delivery - i guess they save the leg for walk-in customers who often request it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw chicken liver the other day but I think fried fish roe (I love this too!) and sambal kerang are hard to come by. Best to make special request on your next Kenny Rogers delivery.

      Delete
  7. So sad I did not get to eat Kenny Rogers in Miri - too much to eat, too little time! I love nasi kandar...but the knives can be very sharp sometimes. They say it is the Malay I speak, not quite the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did not miss much. Kenny Roger's chicken is good but not spectacular. So far the nasi kandar in my area is decently priced. I have heard many stories of people getting slaughtered and paying a bomb.

      Delete
  8. I am salivating at the rice and yummy Nasi Kandar you ate. I would not bother to diet as I keep getting dinner invitations too often that it would stress me to go on diet. So I would increase my exercise instead and maybe skip lunches often. That's the only way for me not to balloon up!

    I didn't know cats would eat chicken except fishes. I know cats love ice cream to maximum!! Try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After indulging in nasi kandar, I found myself on the heavier side. LOL! So I am taking a break and eating salads!

      What? Ice cream? Let me test. LOL!

      Delete
  9. What flavour is that black Llao Llao?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same flavor, only color is black. In fact the girl give warning "Today our yogurt is black". LOL!

      Delete
  10. I don't mind a frozen yoghurt as a cool treat every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it a lot and I eat it far too often. LOL!

      Delete