Thursday, 24 September 2026

Eating Well While Unwell


I am still sick. But my stomach isn't. Hah..hah...

Mid to late morning I was hungry (I did not eat breakfast at home because I got up late). Somehow I thought of roasted duck.

Today, I took a break from lunch delivery. I am not well enough to walk all the way to DJ and back. So yesterday, I bought two packets of sandwiches from Family Mart for mum to eat today.

Last night, I was tired but could not sleep well because I was wired. Anxiety. End of the month is just a few days away and I still have many statutory filings to complete.


Lunch found me at Twins Signature Roast Duck. I purposely sat in front of the box fan. So cooling.


The duck was tender and succulent but the breast portion was a tad tough and dryish. I was stuffed after finishing my meal.


This restaurant, Lokal Malatang, has been around for a few months.


You pick your ingredients, they weigh your food and cook it for you. I am not a mala fan, so I won't be trying this restaurant.


They have their fans I guess.


Then a few doors away was Street Porridge. Also newly opened. I thought my partner might like this.


So I sent him some pics. His response "Hong Kong porridge ......" That does not sound enthusiastic. LOL!


Look at the meat hanging at the window.


I might drop by. But not for the porridge.


I love steamed chicken.


There are also noodles and rice dishes.


Those I can try on my carbs day(s).


I might come here with my partner for date night. Just try the porridge and see if he likes it. 


Then I went to get my coffee fix. I hope to get well soon.

9 comments:

  1. Ah, may you get well soon πŸ«‚
    Is that one duck or half duck ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think should be half duck. I see only 1 drumstick.

      Delete
    2. Nux V is right, half duck. I could not possible finish one whole duck. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Please take more rest from walking in the haze. Can always grab food to send to your mom. Take good care πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My mum is not receptive towards the idea of Grabfood. I am trying to convince her.

      Delete
  3. Take care & drink lotsa water. I just came home from outside. 1.25hrs outdoor already sweating so mch😡. So hot! Agreed with Mun, you can order grabfood for lunch delivery to your mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have to convince my mum to accept Grabfood.

      Delete
  4. Dear PH, the roast duck looks great. The breast in most fowls is drier than the legs.
    Please take care of yourself, dear friend 🧑

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! I will try to get a good rest during the weekend.

      Delete