Friday, 9 October 2026

Still Recovering


My back is still recovering and my left leg is still gimpy.

It has been 11 days today, still early days. Recovery from a herniated disc can take up to 8 weeks but I am confident that I will make a full (or near full) recovery in another week or two (or even three).

Mum is now comfortable with food delivery and this is a positive development. In fact yesterday, she called me after eating her meal to give me a food review hah..hah...

But today, I decided to go visit her (after resting for the past 3 days). I also brought some small groceries and toiletries for her. My leg felt looser and not so fatigued though I still limped.


The air quality is very bad. The buildings far ahead looked as if they were enveloped in fog. I wore a mask and since I walked much slower than my normal pace, I was able to breathe easier.


On my walk back to the office, I bumped into this cute kittie.


The kittie was very shy and ran back to the car porch.


I saw this pot with a single pink bloom.


Lovely!


This was at the next house. Also very pretty.


And the house next to it. Two tiny pink roses.


I could not get a better angle to snap this rose due to my bad back.


I proceeded to Rice & Pot Empire for lunch.


This time I had the version with dumplings with add-on pork belly and fried pork patty. The soup was tomato based and today the soup was diluted. 


Then I walked to The Starling not for my post meal walk (can't do that due to my gimpy leg) but because I wanted to go to Jaya Grocer to buy coffee.


The travel fair is on again.


The Signature Tours.


Well, those who can afford the money and time can get a good deal at these fairs.


Have a great weekend everyone! I will be home, doing my cold pack treatment and maybe some light housekeeping.

I remembered what my doctor told me years ago (my first herniated disc experience) - in recovery, don't be a good housewife. If the house is messy, let it be messy. LOL!

6 comments:

  1. Please take good care πŸ™πŸ»
    So thoughtful of you to visit your mom even though you are still limping slightly.
    May you recover quickly πŸ™πŸ»πŸ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cute 🐈 is wearing a collar so I guess it is living in the car porch that it ran back to. πŸ™πŸ»
    Wishing you a good weekend πŸ’–πŸ˜Š

    ReplyDelete
  3. Year end & school holiday soon, so these travel fair go all out for business. Elderly chat (with mom) usually on food review apart from complaint on all sort of acheπŸ˜…
    Take care and speedy recovery to you ya🌻πŸ’ͺ

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear PH, your photos are lovely. The cats are adorable, the flowers are beautiful and your food looks delicious πŸ˜‹
    Please πŸ™ take care of yourself, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speedy recovery PH & take care.
    The flowers are beautiful and the cat of cos la cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should rest your leg (+ you shouldn't be breathing in all that bad air quality) if there's no necessity to walk to your mom's place. I've been indoors most of the time coz the haze is so bad. P/S: That white and grey kitty looks like a street cat I used to feed and take care of before someone catnapped her. Take care of your back & leg.

    ReplyDelete