Have you ever thought about a food that you used to love in your younger years and you want to eat it again?
I don't know when KFC came onto the scene but when I was a teenager (in secondary school), this fried chicken was the rage (or so I remembered).
My parents bought us KFC only once, not because they wanted us to eat healthier (hah..hah...) but because my family was not rich. So KFC and the like was a luxury item.
My brothers and I got to eat KFC only when our aunty (God bless her) treated us to a KFC meal. Back then, I thought the fried chicken was so delicious.
I have had KFC in my adult years (at university I still thought it was good) and as the years went by, my taste for it waned.
I am almost 60 now (next year) and last weekend I was feeling nostalgic about fried chicken, specifically Kentucky Fried Chicken. So I GrabFood-ed.
Ah! The lousy part was that on the app we are not given the opportunity to request for the chicken parts that we prefer. I think this was by design, KFC does not want to deal with pesky requests.
There was no option for drinks other than soft/sugary drinks, so I opted for Coca Cola which is also something nostalgic (haven't had this in years!).
Well, the chicken was to me just so so and the bun had such a strong vanilla flavor. The coleslaw and mashed potatoes were all right. So, no more KFC for me! Chapter closed.
I was Aeon with my partner as usual on Sunday. I was a little bit tempted by these mochi mooncakes. Oh dear. But I resisted and did not buy any.
Then I went to the diary section to get milk when I saw these plain kefir.
Then I saw these Farm Fresh flavored cultured drinks. I used to like Vitagen but now I find them too sweet. So when it comes to probiotic drinks, it's best to make your own because you can never be sure if these commercial ones actually contain live bacteria.
To my blogger friends, I will come around to visit you tomorrow ya. I am busier than a bee. LOL!











Hi dear friend, I also like the wing and not the breast. Usually here it is drumsticks and wings, I don't recall the breast. However, it has been quite a while since I had KFC.
ReplyDeleteCome to think of it, I guess there is sometimes a breast. Last time I ate KFC, I asked for water and they graciously accepted. There is a water button on the machine.
ReplyDeleteI forgot when was the previous time I ate KFC cos lately ate mcd fried chicken
ReplyDeleteHave a good week ahead 💕