Wednesday, 2 September 2026

Feeling Sad

Today would have been my late dad's 85th birthday.

My partner texted me "Today is your father's birthday! He should be 85 now!"

Dad passed away on 08-03-2025 and it has been more than a year since he left us. I am not sad. On the contrary I am at peace thinking that dad is in a beautiful garden in the sky, free from pain and physical limitations.

Then I got another text "Today also Tutu's anniversary of her passing?" It's sweet my partner remembered. Actually it was yesterday.


That brought tears to my eyes.


I miss TuTu, my little tuxedo.


I am more sad about TuTu than my dad. Haiz. Bad daughter. LOL!


Let's not be sad. Eat salad.


I love soft centered eggs. 


Then I visited the mooncake bazaar.


This year's decoration is the best of all the years (in my opinion).


This looks very elegant.


There are so many types of mooncakes now. Every year there will be something new. You will be spoilt for choice.


They are also very colorful.


But quite honestly I still prefer the traditional fillings - lotus paste or red bean. The only deviation that I can accept is pandan flavor.


As in prior years, I won't be eating any.


Durian flavor is featuring very prominently and honestly, I cannot imagine durian flavor for mooncake >.<


These are lanterns for sale. When I was a kid, I joined the neighborhood kids and we carried lanterns on the evening of the mooncake celebration.


There is also an item not mooncake related.


Gula Apong. It is a Sarawak palm sugar. I have never tasted it but have read about it. Apparently it has a very nice flavor.


To those of you who love mooncakes, happy mooncake shopping!

6 comments:

  1. Nah, you are a good daughter. You did more than whatever that could be done for your father. Believe me, even your father would say that you are a good daughter. πŸ‘πŸ» πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the moon cakes photos. Nice to look at but expensive and not healthy. Thank you for the cute photos of Tutu. Please don't be sad, you also took good care of Tutu and her siblings and her mother and aunties. 😻

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have eaten gula apong soft serve ice cream. 🍦 I thought got moon cakes made with gula apong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwww...bless your heart, dear PH. ❤️ We always miss our loved ones no matter how long they have passed. My father died in 1984 and I can still 😒 πŸ’” hear his voice and see his smile. He will always be in my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, dear friend, it looks like you will be asleep when my new posts show up on my blog, and I will be asleep when your new posts show up on your blog. Sigh! LOL! :) Your photos are beautiful, PH! I agree with Mun, you are a very good daughter and I am sure both your parents believe it. :) Your cat photos are gorgeous and delightful! And the blue and white blanket they are on is so cute, looks warm and cozy!
    I love the decor in that restaurant! The colours and details are amazing! The birds, the Chinese fans. The tiles! Very nice!
    Your food looks great! I hope you are having a lovely week, sending you much love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, perhaps you will not be asleep when MY new posts appear on my blog, but you won't see them until you finish work. Either way, what's important is that we still see and enjoy each other's posts, dear friend. Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete