Yesterday, I went to Twins Signature Roast Duck to eat, what else, duck.
I wanted to do a comparison between the duck here and the one at Street Porridge (located along the same row, a bit further down).
The duck here has not disappointed me except for the odd few times in the past when the meat was dryish.
The duck I had yesterday was tender and juicy, very fresh and delicious. The flavors were good, with a subtle hint of herbs.
The lady boss took my order and I noted that she was in a cheerful mood. She was a bit standoffish on my first visit (I did not mention this in my previous post).
I ordered the roasted duck (1/4 lower quarter) and a calamansi sour plum drink.
Oooohh... the drink was very nice - sweet (not too sweet), sour and salty. The flavors were robust and very refreshing!
Then the lady boss served me 1/4 steamed chicken (instead. of duck). Under normal circumstances, I would have just accepted the order (while highlighting the incorrect order) because I love the chicken.
But because I was there to try the duck, she took the chicken back.
There you go, Street Porridge's herbal roasted duck.
The duck flesh was more dense (muscular? hah..hah...). In terms of aroma and taste, the herbal notes were not overly distinct, which suits me just fine.
The duck was served with plum sauce and chili dip. The ginger was meant for chicken and was served when the lady boss brought me the earlier (incorrect) order.
But guess what? I dipped the duck in the ginger paste and hey, it was nice.
I used a plastic glove from my bag (this was from my past food order from K-Fry Urban) hah..hah... I did not need this at Twins because they provide fork and spoon, which makes it easier to eat (compared to chopsticks and soup spoon).
As I was enjoying the duck, many customers walked in.
When I went to pay, I noticed that the lady boss had not changed my order. So I pointed this out to her but she told me it is OK. "Ngo cheng lei" (I give you a treat) she told me.
Well, I thanked her for overlooking the short charge of RM5.00 (1/4 chicken is RM15.00 while the duck is RM20.00).
The lady boss was in an upbeat mood attending to two big groups of customers at the back of the restaurant. I hope Street Porridge does well and stays in business for a long time.
So what is my conclusion on the battle of the roast ducks?
I rest my case. LOL!






















Wah, you ate half a duck on a day ๐ช๐ปthanks for the review.
ReplyDeleteSo nice of the lady to treat you rm5 for writing down your order wrongly.
The lady was in a hurry to attend to customers and she may have found amending my order a hassle. LOL!
DeleteAh I got it wrong. U ate the ducks on two different days ๐
ReplyDeleteYes, 1/4 per day.
DeleteNow i feel like wanting to eat roast duck๐
ReplyDeletehah..hah... go and eat duck!
DeleteDear PH, the duck looks delicious!!!
ReplyDeleteIt was :)
Delete