Thursday, 17 September 2026

Over-Fermented

Yesterday evening I had air fried beef trimmings and vegetables for dinner.


This time, I decided to place the veggies under the meat rather than under the perforated tray. It was actually very foolish of me.


The veggies would not cook properly like that.


While the beef/veggies were cooking I took my bottle of (store bought) kimchi out from the fridge. When I removed the bottle cap, I realized that the kimchi had overflowed.


What a mess! It was actually a good sign. It shows that the microbes are still alive and kicking and that the kimchi is still fermenting.


This was how my beef/veggies turned out.


I had the meat and veggies with kimchi.


There was hardly any charring on the veggies, obviously.


But everything tasted very good.


Including the (over-fermented) kimchi.


Earlier at the mall, I went to the basement.


I haven't tried this Thai chicken rice yet.


I have also not tried this bao shop.


This mala restaurant is still going strong.


I have not been to I Love Yoo for a long time. Yoo Tiao and kaya. Is this nice?


I know I love soybean milk and tau foo fa.


Ah Cheng Laksa also continues to be very popular.

I found a very nice Instagram channel Coco Diaries, and this AI kitten Coco is simply too cute until I cannot tahan.

3 comments:

  1. Mala restaurants are going strong & will survive for the time being. 'I love yoo' outlet in my neighborhood had already closed down months ago. I like their youtiao, soybean & taufufa too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tips not to put the vegetables directly under the beef in air fryer. Useful info if I ever buy one air fryer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos, dear friend! I think putting the vegetables under meat is fine in a slow cooker! :)
    I am not familiar with kimchi. Hope you are having a good week, dear PH.

    ReplyDelete