Tuesday, 22 September 2026

Terrible Lunch

Yesterday evening it did not rain when I got home. But I think it did rain a bit later in the evening because I heard the sound of thunder.


First order of the day when reaching home is feeding my girls. The love their chicken and liver dinner.


Then it was time of my own dinner - pork belly bites and kimchi.


Then this morning I had beef trimmings for breakfast. Yes, I also ate the meat with kimchi.


On my way to DJ, I decided to take a closer look at this shoplot.


Ningji - boasting 300 million cups sold.


Employees at the Uptown Towers get a favorable price on these drinks.


For lunch I went to 282 Mixed Rice for chicken rice without rice hah..hah... The guy upfront was preparing my kai pei, char siew & siew yoke (drumstick, BBQ pork & roasted pork).


It was barely past 12:00pm and there were not many people in the shop.


Then the lunch crowd arrived.


And so did my meat. From the look of the (small) platter, you could probably guess that this was not good. The meat tasted stale, most likely reheated from yesterday.

The siew yoke was too salty and the chili dip was just like water. I don't know what went wrong, the last time I was here it was reasonably nice. I won't be back for sure.

I needed a palate cleanser.


This might be nice, no? No! hee...hee...


Hmmmm....


Restoran 111 is very busy. Expect long queues at lunch hour. The chap fan here is good and more expensive than 282 Mixed Rice. I get mum's lunch here before 11:00am.


Nope. Not getting coffee from here.


At Jaya Grocer I went to peek at the bakes at The Baker's Son.


Then at the veggie section I saw these pretty peppers.


Alamak! Habanero peppers. This I cannot eat.


Finally I got this Ice White (the best palate cleanser) before going back to the office.


I need to try this.

6 comments:

  1. That mixed platter looks too little for you also. Next time stand at the stall and watch him cut from the whole chicken instead of from bits and pieces on the tray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wah, all your 🐈😺 🐈‍⬛ 🐈 so good, all 4 can eat from the same plate, share share share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed looking at cats eating, especially those tht i feed. And i like sharing food with catsπŸ˜„ I miss the moments sharing keropok with my foster daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If couldn't sleep, i will open a book or ebook with tiny fonts. After a few lines, sure can sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anything for me as long it is croissants!! Hehehe.

    Oh no. What a terrible meal you had.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry your meal was so bad. I love the picture of your cats, dear PH.

    ReplyDelete