It is raining heavily as I am writing this. And it has been a rather stressful day.
I did not bring any food to the office. And I was hungry. Ugh! So I decided to go to
Say Yes Cafe for breakfast before picking up mum's lunch.
The chicken today was a bit over fried. So it was on the dry side but still tasted good.
It was a good breakfast. Timing is great because I will walk (almost 1 hour) after this.
I made my way to
Twins Signature Roast Duck to pick up mum's rice with 3 meats (duck,
siew yoke and
char siew).
Then it was the usual walk to DJ.
Eh, the
Gepuklah queue today is so neat and short(er). It was 10:15 am.
It was just up to outside their (long suffering) neighbor. At least the barrier kept the queue away from the other shop's entrance.
I was very thirsty after the breakfast at
Say Yes Cafe. Lunch time I was not that hungry but I wanted to drink my favorite thirst quencher.
So I went to
Pho Vietz for the
Basil Lime Soda (no sugar). I stabbed the spoon into the lemon slices to get more juice out hah...hah...
I ordered the
Flat Rice Rolls with Minced Pork. So it was a light lunch.
I decided to be
bersopan-santun (prim and proper) and ate from the side plate. Usually I just whack from the serving plate.
These flat rice rolls are delicious. It was a good light meal and then it was back to work. A little bit later I went to get an ice
latte from
Chase Coffee. So I had 3 coffee today - at home, at
Say Yes Cafe and
Chase Coffee. Oh dear.
So much coffee....can sleep? The rice rolls look good. I should try tht nxt timeπ
ReplyDeleteI managed to sleep, but it was not as deep and I woke up earlier than usual.
DeleteOne time I also drank coffee 3 times I think π forgot whether I can sleep or not. Should be can because I seldom cannot sleep. I usually fall asleep while surfing HP and the HP will fall onto my face π
ReplyDeletehah..hah...hah... so funny! I put my hp on the hp stand so it won't fall on my face when I doze off hee..hee...
DeleteI must try this very refreshing cold basil lime soda without sugar one day at pho vietz. Also eat this flat noodles again. π
ReplyDeleteThis is my default drink there. Very refreshing and it perks me up.
DeleteHi dear friend, I enjoyed seeing your photos. Basil lime soda π with no sugar. The rice π rolls look very nice.
ReplyDeleteIt's the lightest meal I have ever had. I should eat like this more often LOL!
DeleteI prefer juicier fried chicken. Those dry fried chicken tends to be tougher, hard on my poor teeth. Lol.
ReplyDeleteMe too, they tend to over fry it and it becomes tough and dry.
DeleteSo, would you rather have Say Yes Cafe's nasi lemak ayam goreng berempah or queue (insanely....lol) for GepukLah's ayam gepuk (albeit a fairly similar dish)? Good that they put the barriers up, now the people can at least stay a distance away from the shops' front.
ReplyDeleteAh, the fried chicken is different style but I would say Gepuklah's is good in the sense that it is crispy outside while retaining juiciness on the inside.
Delete