Thursday, 23 July 2026

Smoked Salmon Salad


On my way out of The Starling, I came upon a group of cutie pies.


Somehow with their little hats, these children look even cuter.


They are from the kindergarten next to the mall. 


Come lunchtime, I was at Yin's Sourdough Bakery & Cafe. I had my favorite ice Cappuccino. It was very good.


Then I spotted a chip on the tumbler.


This is not good. This tumbler should be retired.


Smoked Salmon Salad with add-on (half) avocado. It was good although I found the dressing a tad too sweet. But luckily they dressed the salad very lightly. The smoked salmon was smokey and not too salty, loved it!


On my way to The Starling, I passed by this music school. They also have singing classes. Can you sing? I can. Badly. LOL!


I also saw this trade-in poster for guitars and ukuleles. The only musical instrument I have ever played was a recorder (a woodwind instrument) during primary school. We had a class for it and we played along to the teacher's violin.


Oh dear. Avocadian is no more. It opened in 2019 so it had been around for almost 7 years which is considered not too bad.


It is going to be replaced with ChaPanda, one of those fancy bubble tea outlets. 


At Subway, a queue. 

10 comments:

  1. Hi dear PH, your smoked salmon salad looks scrumptious! As far as the defective tumbler goes, I would tell them and ask for another one. I ate in a restaurant one day and the tumbler was cracked...you couldn't see it, (it was plastic), but I noticed and told the waitress. She took it right away and discarded it and gave me another glass.
    The children are so sweet to see! I love children at that age, they are so curious, sweet and learning about life.
    I love your health memes at the end of your post, dear friend.
    I enjoyed this tour, your photos are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The salad was good and I do wish that there were more salmon. Yes, I should have spoken up about the chipped tumbler.

      Delete
  2. Oh, in response to your question on my blog if I had tried the sour cherries from the tree...no. LOL! I don't like sour things, so I was chicken to try them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... thanks for responding to my question! I would have tried one cherry since I like sour things.

      Delete
  3. I can sing.....badly too😅

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Then we should do a duet on karaoke and make people run away! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Although I would like all restaurants to "retire" their chipped plates and glasses, I'm more ok if it's a plate coz we don't eat directly from them...but a chipped glass is a definite no-no coz it's dangerous as you might just drink from the chipped glass section (if it happens to be a hot drink without a straw). I would highlight to them that the glass is chipped so that they're aware.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, plates are more OK and chipped glass is more likely to cause injury. I should have pointed it out to them. Next time if I am served coffee in a chipped glass.

      Delete
  5. The smoked salmon salad looks tasty. Luckily you noticed the chip area and did not unknowingly drink from that side.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was saved by the straw, if not for it, I might have drunk from the chipped side >.<

      Delete