Friday, 28 August 2026

DIY Lunch (Again)

Boring post about my steak packed lunchbox. LOL!

I don't do this often because it is best to eat a (medium rare) steak while it is still warm. Obviously, right?


This was a not-so-recent purchase from Feast Market


I usually cook a steak for 8 minutes but since this will be eaten later, I wanted it more cooked (instead of medium rare). I think I may have cooked it an extra minute or two.


Sliced and then mixed into the garlic infused rendered fat and then seasoned with sea salt and black pepper. I could have included some veggies like broccoli or cherry tomatoes. But I wanted to keep it simple.


Then I packed all the sliced steak into my cute container.


If I had this steak at a restaurant, I would have to fork out a lot of money. Of course, I don't eat like this everyday. I can't afford to. I wish I could though. Haiz! LOL!


On my walk to DJ I saw this red kiosk.


Oh! How curious! A kiosk to clean helmets! What will they think of next? Have you ever worn somebody else's helmet? Trust me, if they do not clean the inside, it is very stinky!

4 comments:

  1. Hi dear PH, your steak looks delicious! And I love the illustration and quote at the end of your post, dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Steak best eaten warm.

    Agreed on the quote. Rich in heart is better than rich in money. As grie older, we get to understand this. Family and friends are more important

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your photo 1 looks like soup with a lot of ingredients. 😋 The last time I wore a helmet was in 2016. Today is Friday! Do u need to work on this Saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  4. From your cut out steak, this looks like a rather thin piece of steak. Actually, if you were going to store it in a container, I don't think you need to worry if it's cooked to medium rare as the residual heat in the closed container should cook it further. P/S: I've never been on a bike, so thankfully I don't have any "stinky" experience with someone else's helmet...lol! :D

    Same feeling with you, I'm also not so keen on picking the meats from the chiller (based on my experience of eating in a few of such restaurants...you can see I wasn't specifically thrilled at Anne Elizabeth either) and that's because they treat their meats simply, just fire it up and serve with some simple sides and sauces. But if you want meats at decent quality and affordable prices, this is the way to go. This one at The Hungry Beast (and the now closed Cork & Cleaver), on the contrary, I do find them satisfying (except for the sauces)....and you pay like half (or slightly more than half) the price of what you'd pay at other steakhouses, so it's worth it, I think. Ah, you have a sophisticated palate and want something more fancy (meaning you have to pay more lah...haha!). But if you're looking for just a carnivore plate, I do recommend this place. Since you know your meats and cuts well, you should be able to make the right choice...just don't go for difficult cuts to cook (like ribs), go for a simple steak, pork or chicken chop. ^_~

    ReplyDelete