Tuesday, 4 August 2026

Meaty Soup

It has been a while since I visited Rice & Pot Empire.

I used to love their Ultimate Pork Indulgence but over time, the quality was not consistent.


First up, my pink Hibiscus. One of two types of flowers in my garden. I wished I had more.


Well, I was at Rice & Pot Empire for lunch.


My default order. The Ultimate Pork Indulgence. I chose the tomato based soup.


I love the fried pork patty.


I removed all the meat except the thinly sliced pork belly to a plate to cool down. The soup was good but not as intense, a bit watered down. The meat were fine.


Another day, I ordered the same soup but with kimchi soup base and I added prawn and chives dumplings. The soup was all right but a tad salty.


Have they reopened? I was curious but I was reluctant to walk here after lunch due to the very hot weather. This photo was snapped when I walked back from DJ.


Amen!

6 comments:

  1. I love the looks of that pork patty too. I'm always weary about eating pork ribs for fear they're not tender enough, especially when they're big pieces like that as they're hard to tear apart from the bone. I only eat my own cooked pork ribs (in soup which I boil for at least 6 hours till falling apart tender). I don't even make steamed or braised pork ribs at home coz the time taken to cook them is not long enough for them to be tender. P/S: No, I doubt they've reopened, probably someone finally rented the place and is now doing renovations (that's why the old signboards are still there) + I don't remember it having a bluish facade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, those two visits lucky for me, the ribs were tender but the cartilage was still hard but I chewed through it hah..hah... for the collagen. Wah, your ribs must be very tender and falling off the bone delicious! Ya, I tried steaming ribs once and never repeated because can't get it tender enough. Ah, someone else took over the premises and they are serving Chinese food. I shall post about that soon.

      Delete
  2. Hi dear PH, the soup looks tasty and filling.
    I do live pork ribs. The restaurants here in Montreal that have them on their menu are wonderful. They are succulent, tender and oh, so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, I love BBQ ribs. I must eat that again LOL!

      Delete
  3. If they use pressure cookers to cook then the ribs should have meat falling off the bones tender. I love Bunga Raya 🌺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meaty soup looks good. The rustic grill is an existing restaurant or just relocated from somewhere?

    ReplyDelete