I had Vietnamese for lunch the other day. So good I tell you! hah..hah...
But first I want to complain about something. The parking lots at Damansara Uptown are so narrow. I know, the local council want to maximize space.
It is so difficult (or impossible) to pass in between the cars especially when they do not fold their side mirror.
So I have to look for spots where the gap is big enough. Haiz!
So I was at Pho Vietz later. Certainly not my first time. I have been here many, many times because I love, love, love the food.
This is the lemon basil drink and I requested for no sugar. It is very fizzy and refreshing.
This is their vermicelli salad with grilled pork belly. I asked if it was all right to omit the vermicelli and the server said yes. Yes! So I could low carb that day.
This is the dressing/dipping sauce which was sweet, so I used it sparingly.
I need extra protein so I also got the minced pork skewers.
It also came with a dipping sauce that is similar to the salad dipping sauce.
I transferred the minced pork patties to my salad. I enjoyed my lunch and I'll have this again.
Right opposite the restaurant, there was a wellness fair.
Low carb low GI hah..hah...Flaxseed Oat Sourdough Bread.
They are promoting a product that will lower the GI of carbs.
Prof.Slow Slowcarb Smart Fibre For Rice. Hmmm...
They also have a low GI product - Slowcarb Chia Seed Peanut Butter.
And low carb breads. High carb or low carb, a carb is a carb. It's a matter of how much you eat.
Hi dear PH, I am glad you enjoyed the Vietnamese food. I am not fond of most condiments so I don't like mustard, relish, bottled salad dressings or dipping sauces. For example, when I eat egg rolls, I never use the plum sauce, as I like the taste of egg rolls alone.
ReplyDeleteI di, however, like chicken and French fries with barbecue sauce, and I do like roast chicken or roast turkey with mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce. π
I meant I do, however
DeleteLinda, I also prefer some condiments but dislike others. The natural taste of the food is always best. I used to like chili sauce over everything but not anymore. Oh, I love BBQ sauce hee..hee..
DeleteAs far as carbs such as rice, potatoes or bread go, I have heard that as long as you don't have too much carbs and as long as you for example have potatoes with a small amount of butter it's not bad.
ReplyDeleteYes, carbs especially non-processed carbs are all right to eat. It is the ultra-processed ones like potato chips and other junk food that are harmful.
DeleteI love the food at this eatery too. Yums yums π
ReplyDeleteYa, we can be as healthy as can be and live till 110 like my maternal grandma then how?
She is now bedridden and being fed by tubes aka intubated in a Taiwan nursing home. Everyone is praying that she can move on by herself soon as we all couldn't bear to see her suffering.
As for me, I have written a living will to not intubate and not resuscitate me but let me go for I couldn't bear to be like my maternal grandma. π’
Awww...bless your heart, dear Mun. ❤️
DeleteMun : You have brought up a very pertinent issue. God bless your grandma and may God grant her the path to move on peacefully. Lifespan without healthspan is problematic. Living long but without the capacity to function is no way to live. Me too share the same sentiment as you. Should I be incapacitated at some point, I do not want to be resuscitated. My mum has told me that if she ever comes to a vegetative state, to stop the feeding and let her pass. She was a nurse and she has seen much suffering.
DeleteThank you for your prayers. My grandma was healthy all the way to 100 years old. Then she had a fall and then was in a wheelchair after her hip surgery. Only recently she was bedridden. ππ» That she will move on peacefully to end her sufferings.
DeleteYa, I understand that falls are detrimental to the aged. May your grandma find peace soon.
DeleteI had this pork vermicelli dish in pho vietz midvalley some time last year. It was good. Definitely will order this again!
ReplyDeleteGlad to know that you also like it!
DeleteWow, the parking is indeed narrow....I hate such parking bays. If you're not parked properly, then the next car will have a problem parking....and I've encountered my fair share of such inconsiderate people. And if an MPV is parked, I think you'll have even greater difficulty passing through...even with the mirrors folded! >_<
ReplyDeleteThere was one time, my partner had to get in using the passenger side since his side was so narrow. LOL! Most times, I have to walk sideways to pass through there cars. Haiz!
Delete