Monday, 5 October 2026

Sick Day Food

If you remember, last Monday I was sick and took a day off work.

I would rather be well and working rather than being sick at home. But what to do? Just accept the situation.


That morning the moon looked rather mysterious. Or you could say it looked like the moon in horror movies hah..hah... I was feeding my girls when I took the photo.


Come lunch time, my scheduled order via GrabFood arrived.


This was from Bebo, Taman Tun Dr Ismail.


They serve Indian poke bowls and since I love Indian cusiine, I gave it a try.


I opted for the Delhi Veggie Bowl. Yes, vegetarian for a change.


This bowl contains turmeric rice (very fragrant!), roasted eggplant, chickpea masala, raw veggies, pickled onion, yogurt balls and a tub of raita. It was so delicious I want to eat this again.


I added deep fried okra. I know. Sick people should not eat deep fried food but I am not following rules. This deep fried okra was yummeh! I loved it.


I also added four samosas. Sick or not, I was hungry. The samosas were also very good. They came with mint chutney and sweet chili sauce.

Well, I was very pleased with my lunch and it cheered me up. Then I spent the afternoon watching TV. I have since recovered of course and I hope not to get sick again.

10 comments:

  1. Good to hear that you are all well now. πŸ‘πŸ» 😊 Ya, better be well than sick cos not fun being sick πŸ€’
    It sure does look like in horror movies πŸ₯Ά
    I love to eat raita πŸ˜‹
    Have a good week ahead! πŸ˜ƒ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You have a good week ahead too!

      Delete
  2. Good to hear that you are okay now.
    The food looks good, all of them.

    The moon looks scary 🫣

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Puan Hazel! The moon reminded me of my favorite horror movies :LOL!

      Delete
  3. Dear PH, I am glad 😊 that you are feeling better. I don't eat Mexican, Spanish or Indian food because it is way too hot and spicy for me.
    I love ❤️ Greek, Lebanese and Chinese food.
    What is important is that you enjoyed it.
    The moon πŸŒ™ 🌚 looks like an eclipse 😳 to me.
    LOL I hope you have a lovely week ahead, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda! Oh, I remember you mentioned that you do not like spicy food. I wish you a lovely week ahead too!

      Delete
  4. You're the only person I know who don't eat "sick people food" when they're sick...lol! ;D Now aren't you thankful you're now eating veggies again and can now even enjoy a whole vegetarian bowl....and it turned out so delicious you want to eat it again....haha! ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...hah... Oh, I love veggies and yes, I do enjoy vegetarian fare from time to time!

      Delete
  5. You have a good appetite even when sickπŸ‘i can't take spiced nor deep fried food when sick....you champion laπŸ˜„

    ReplyDelete