Tuesday, 6 October 2026

Frazzled Nerves


What a day! First, I received a very positive message from my mum yesterday evening.

She asked me to arrange food delivery for her until end of the week so that I can rest my back. Well, well! Progress!

So I texted back that I would be happy to do so and thanked her for her suggestion.


Today. the scheduled delivery arrived on time and I gave my mum a call. In fact I called her many times, she did not pick up. So I sent a message and noted that the text did not get through.

Hmmm.... I tried the house phone but could not get through either. What's going on? Understandably I was very concerned. 

After an hour, I decided to walk to my brother's house. So much for resting my back! LOL!

When I got there, I noted that the food was no longer on top of the mailbox. I unlocked the gate and went into the house. It was all dark.

Then mum came out from the kitchen and I found out that there was a power outage. No wonder messages were not getting through because the wifi was down. Haiz!

Anyway, mum had already eaten her lunch (great!) and I left shortly after. The electricity supply thankfully was restored about an hour later.


There is nothing like a cup of ice coffee to calm the nerves, eh? I headed to Yin's Sourdough Bakery & Cafe for a late lunch. 


I needed something good to make my day.


Another one of my favorites here, the Prawn Tartine.


The green apple slices were very sweet, very unusual for green apples. I suspect the kitchen dipped the apple slices in sugar syrup. I wished they would not do that.


That was a good lunch and my nerves were appeased.


I hope I can sleep tonight hah..hah...


At The Starling, Pho Vietz is under renovation.


I wonder if their menu would also be revamped.


I saw this on FB this morning. Girl must have looked like that when she was a wee kitten hee..hee...


I hope tomorrow will be a better day.

11 comments:

  1. Dear friend, Yes, so much for resting your back. I am just glad you and your mom are okay.
    The kitten is adorable. Please take care of yourself and get some proper sleep 😴
    The meme at the end of your post gives great insight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I am glad mum was all right. I was so relieved!

      Delete
  2. Hhmmm, my earlier comment disappeared.
    Good to know that your mom is ok and it was just a power outage. You must have been so worried 🫂

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I checked my spam folder but somehow your comment wasn't there. Strange. Yes, I was worried and was so relieved that she was ok.

      Delete
    2. Hhmmm 🤔 what a mystery.
      Thanks for checking 😄

      Delete
  3. I noticed that your prawns have less chili flakes on top of them compared to the ones I ate. 🤔

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, they not picking up the phone is a cause for concern especially when we know they're living alone. But how come you couldn't get through to your mom's handphone? Out of battery?
    Good that your mom is willing to accept food delivery so that you can rest your back (she must have read some of our comments....hehe).
    Dipped the apple slices in sugar syrup? :O Why would they do that? First time I've come across such a thing. Wouldn't the apple slices be sticky after that?
    Yeah, we were not privileged to have our cats when they were kittens...and yeah, I believe Girl would look just as adorable like that when she was a kitten! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think my mum's phone connection was set to wifi (the wifi was down) and that's why I could not get through. Yes, I am glad that she has accepted food delivery and is enjoying a change in the type of food she is getting hah..hah...

      Yes, the apple slices were damp and sticky >.<. Green apples are usually sour, they were trying to make it sweet >.<

      Your Poppy would have been so so cute when she was a kitten. Yeah, I wished I had Girl when she was a kitten and enjoy all the extra cuteness hah..hah...

      Delete
  5. Wifi out, but the telco line still working on hp via normal sms & calls unless her hp no telco line too? Really gave a heart attack😬 Elderlies in their 80s are frail. Recently my sis FIL passed away after fell in the bathroom. He was 84. Adorable kitty picture🥰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think she should have telco line, maybe phone was set to wifi so can't connect. Ya, really heart attack but luckily all was well. Oh dear, so sorry to hear about your sis FIL. Elderlies are prone to falls and I always tell my mum to be very careful.

      Delete