Wednesday, 7 October 2026

Craving

After enjoying the steamed chicken at Street Porridge, I was craving for it again. Oh dear.


So I was there at lunch.


Ahhhh... I was glad that the chicken was just as good as the first time I ate it. So tender and juicy! 


I thought I might as well try their siew yoke. Unfortunately, I did not enjoy it. There is nothing wrong with the siew yoke, it's just me.


I prefer their char siew. Roast duck is next for tasting hah..hah...


I used the condiments - light soy sauce and sesame oil. With benefit of hindsight, maybe I shouldn't have. My partner once cautioned me that the integrity of table condiments is suspect due to risk of how they are being handled by customers and restaurant staff. There is some truth in that.


Well, my top favorite for now is the steamed chicken. I will try their roasted duck next and report back.


I took this photo yesterday when I was on my way to check on my mum.


This is a new restaurant which opened yesterday. 


This I saw after lunch. It looks very tempting. Anything with strawberry and cream sounds good to me.


Kakatoo was renovated not too long ago.


They have reopened.


With lots of promotions. 


Today, I ordered lunch for mum from Mat Rock Ayam Goreng Kunyit. She texted me with only good things to say about her lunch. Well, that's great! It is a very nice change from the usual fare that I get her.

9 comments:

  1. Wah, good that your mom likes the food u ordered for her 👍🏻😊
    I like anything with strawberries but I cannot handle cream but ice cream I can handle 😋

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also prefer ice cream to cream. LOL!

      Delete
  2. Ah, now this steamed chicken is on my to try list 😋

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all your photos, dear PH! Steamed chicken....that sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Linda! I love the steamed chicken.

      Delete
  4. Long time since i last dined in kakatoo at their ioi city branch. Food quite nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder what you ate there. I only tried their nasi kerabu and it was below my expectations.

      Delete
  5. First things first, oh, you didn't enjoy the siu yuk....but I've to say the cut (short like that) is the cut that usually turns out good (I guess the taste wasn't there). I wish Street Porridge would open earlier (and not 11am) since I love porridge, then I can swing buy after church.
    I agree with your partner about the integrity of the table condiments due to misuse by some customers (yang tidak berotak) but sauces that pour out of a bottle is pretty safe I would think. It's the cili api and chopped garlic that are not...unless they have a spoon for them. I was once served this at a BKT place and there was no spoon inside and I saw a customer digging into it with his spoon while he was eating...and that was the last time I ate at that BKT place. Don't know why these brainless people don't know how to use a clean spoon...it's like people double dipping at a lok-lok stall....yucks. Of course the restaurant is also to be blamed for not providing spoons for their condiments...but still! >_<
    Oh yeah, I saw Ming Kee's opening (there was a lion dance) when we drove past last weekend. ^_~ We've eaten at their Imbi branch and the food is certainly decent. Well, you now have a third place for decent roasted meats like duck, char siu and siu yuk.

    ReplyDelete