My experience with Ayam Gepuk is not many :
3. Gepuklah
That's it. Only three.
So what made me try Ayam Gepuk Artisan?
This funny guy.
This restaurant is located in Subang Bestari. So there is no way that I could visit since (1) I don't drive (2) my partner or my brother would not be keen to go there with me. So GrabFood it is.
The food is packed in a paper box. It contains the usual Ayam Gepuk components - white rice, two pieces of crispy chicken (the other alternative is traditional fried chicken), kobis goreng, cucumber slices, raw cabbage, tempeh, tofu, sambal gajus and kicap manis.
The sambal gajus portion is just right, generous and enough for one serving. It was thick and nutty (I can't taste cashew, more like peanuts) and spicy (but not too spicy since I chose pedas and not extra pedas).
I transferred the food to a plate. I requested for thigh and drumstick and my request was fulfilled.
What I can say is that I enjoyed this Ayam Gepuk. The fried chicken was crispy on the outside and tender and juicy on the inside. It was well seasoned too. As for the sambal gajus, it was good and the addition of kicap manis elevated the experience.
The kobis goreng was smokey and I liked it a lot. The tempeh and tofu were a nice accompaniment while the cucumber slices and raw cabbage cut through the richness of the dish.
Well, if I get an Ayam Gepuk craving, I will order again from this restaurant.
Note : Those of you who left comments in my earlier posts, I will reply tomorrow ya!









Looks good! I only had ayam gepuk for a few times too, 2x with chicken leg, 2x with boneless chicken. I prefer the crunchy bayam goreng with texture like seaweed.
ReplyDeleteAh, they give raw cabbage as well 😋
ReplyDeleteGood that you enjoyed this meal. 👍🏻
Have a good week ahead 😃
Hi dear PH, I hope 💜 🙏 ❤️ you are doing well. I am happy 😊 that you enjoyed your meal. I hope you have a lovely week ahead, dear friend.
ReplyDelete