Friday, 2 October 2026

Me And My Gimpy Leg

It's Friday! Yay!

Well, not exactly happy days for me because after recovering from flu, I experienced a herniated disc that resulted in a case of sciatica.

This is self-diagnosed because I know (almost) all about herniated discs (also known as a slipped disc) after experiencing it back in 2013.

The sciatica resulted in back pain that radiates down to my left thigh. So I walk with a limp because my left leg became weak and fatigues easily. And yes, I still walked to DJ to make food delivery.

Today, I ordered a GrabFood delivery for mum but I still walked to the house to do some hand-holding. Mum has come to a point in her life where she is anxious about many things, food delivery being one of them. She thinks it is troublesome. 

I assured her that it is an easy process. She does not have to worry or do anything - I will do the ordering and monitoring and when the food is delivered, I will phone her and all she has to do is walk to the gate to collect the food. Simple!

Every Friday, I will arrange GrabFood delivery (I will still visit for chit chats) so that she gets used to the idea.


Before I walked to DJ, I went for breakfast at Yin's Sourdough Bakery & Cafe. 


Avocado Toast with request for "no salad" because I don't like the raw greens. I also add-on one poached egg.

This is how the Avocado Toast is usually served.


All those greens are not necessary hah..hah...


This is so much better without all those pesky greens. After the wonderful breakfast, I walked to DJ.


Then at Uptown 7, I noticed that the void area between the two escalators was boarded up.


What's happening?


Oh, a new bakery is opening!


The mall is really maximizing space to collect more rent.


Pappagourmet. More (carb) temptations at Damansara Uptown.


The GrabFood delivery (a scheduled order) went smoothly and I requested for the rider to place the food above the mailbox. 


Once mum is comfortable with food delivery, I will be able to take breaks when necessary (when I am sick or have urgent work to attend to).


This weekend I will stay home to rest my back and continue with my cold pack treatment.


White button mushrooms were on sale today and I picked up a box. The brown ones were on sale a few days ago. I also picked up some cuucmbers and cherry tomatoes.

5 comments:

  1. Dear PH, I am so sorry to hear about your sciatica. You are such a good daughter for your mother and I am sure she appreciates you ❤️
    Your flower 🌼 🌸 pictures are lovely. Avocado πŸ₯‘ toast and poached egg sounds delicious πŸ˜‹

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please take good care πŸ™πŸ»
    So good of you to accompany your mom to guide her on the process of receiving the food delivery. Your mom is blessed to have you πŸ’• have a good weekend! 🌹

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good of yin to accommodate your request to omit the raw greens from the avocado toast. πŸ‘πŸ» 😊

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having mobility issue is troublesome. I hope you recover soon🫠

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I thought you love salad greens since you eat quite a lot of salads. I actually love those raw greens provided they're fresh and crisp (like the ones I have at my regular morning cafe) coz they bring so much freshness to what I'm eating.

    And yeah, elderly moms (especially the generation before us) tend to be anxious about many things (coz many of them were housewives who hardly ventured out) and it's better for her to get used to food delivery instead of you having to walk so far to send her her daily lunch (more so when you're not feeling well). Like you said, it's such an easy process. Perhaps you can diy and attach some kind of a box to your gate for the delivery rider to drop the food and she can open the gate anytime to pick up her food (if that makes it easier for her or she feels safer that way without having to interact with the rider). But, of course, not so nice looking for your gate lah. I did it myself too. I once attached a big plastic bag (you know the big blue ones from Ikea) to my gate for Shopee & food deliveries during MCO (bcos of wanting to practise physical distancing)....lol!

    ReplyDelete