Friday, 25 September 2026

Tipsy By Cake

I am still recovering and again did not sleep well. 

I dragged myself out of bed this morning because I am not able to take a day off. I have jobs to complete and I have a food delivery to fulfil (hahahaha).


At around 10:00 am I was at Twins Signature Roast Duck to pick up mum's lunch. Ah! It is the Mid-Autumn Festival today. Happy Mid-Autumn to all of you who are celebrating!

After a brief chit chat with mum, I made my way back to DU.


This was the throng at Gepuklah. I couldn't even pass through and had to walk on the road.


The madness is still unabated. It was so hot and I would not want to be in a queue like this.


I needed some cheering up. Guess where I went.


Daily Taste Art. Caution : THIS IS NOT  A NORMAL CAFE.


Not normal because the cakes here are infused with liquor.


Why not? Try something new. I might like it. I might not.


They have coffee. So decision made. Let's go!


So I took a look at the cakes on display.


I was told that the cakes on the top shelf have the strongest infusion of liquor, the middle shelf is moderate while cakes on the bottom shelf are non-alcoholic.

After taking in the information shared by the very helpful server, I decided on the Rum Cherry Black Forest (Alcohol level : Strong) and Kahlua Tiramisu (Alcohol level : Medium).

As you may deduce, these are alcoholic versions of my favorite cakes - Black Forest and Tiramisu.


(Note : The Medium has two levels denoted by two wine glasses and 3 wine glasses. Strong is 4 wine glasses).


I had to have coffee of course - an ice Cappuccino. 


This is the Rum Cherry Black Forest (alcohol level : strong). 


The cake is moist and not too sweet and whoa! the liquor is indeed strong. Woohoo!


I thought I might not like (strong) liquor in cakes but this one worked well. Yes, I liked it.


The coffee (no, no liquor here hah..hah...) was all right, the concentration is not as robust as what I would have preferred. 


Next! Kahlua Tiramisu (alcohol level : medium). Also not too sweet.


I liked this cake even more. The caramelized nuts were fresh, crunchy and absolutely delicious. 

Well, I have changed my mind about alcohol infused cakes. I think some flavors work with (certain types of) liquor, chocolate in particular (with rum).


They even have alcohol infused mooncakes.


Well, I know I have been naughty. 


It is actually an early (self sponsored) pre-birthday celebration. Hah!


Oh oh!

3 comments:

  1. I was about to ask if the coffee has alcohol or if they are selling alcoholic coffee😆
    You had 2 pcs of cakes, then you posted worst food for blood sugar😅

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've been working so hard, it's okay to enjoy an occasional sweet treat. Besides you're very discipline with daily your diet. Enjoy while you still can. Take care & get well soon. Send you lots of love & healing energy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear PH, the cakes look amazing.
    Please take care of yourself and get some rest 💜 ❤️

    ReplyDelete