Thursday, 27 August 2026

Public Holiday Binge

Tuesday was a public holiday. I stayed home and spent time in the garden.

I was supposed to cook but ..... I was tired of my meat and vegetables, delicious though they are.

So. Grabfood!


This arrived from Al-Sham Arabian Cuisine (Damansara Kim). How lovely, a pretty insulated bag.


Inside was the Lamb Mandi.


Fragrant rice, lamb, salad, yogurt sauce, gravy and a tomato-based condiment.


The lamb was tender, falling off the bone. The rice was fragrant and each grain easily separated. The cashew nuts added to the enjoyment of the meal.


I loved the yogurt sauce and salad.


The gravy was thin but flavorful. There were cubes of potatoes and green peas in it.


I also loved this condiment. I don't know what it is called. I refer to it as Arabian sambal hah..hah... It is not spicy. This meal I can eat again. I find Arabian food very mild in their application of spices compared to Indian.

Then in the afternoon (it rained a bit) my mouth got itchy for pizza. Ooohhh..... naughty me!

Pizza Hut was having their Merdeka 2 Pizza Deal.

So.


Hawaiian Supreme.


Super Supreme.

Yes, I know. I eat too much. One regular pizza is not enough for me. I have to eat two.

So that was me being naughty on a public holiday. If I do this often enough, I will be as big as a house.


I enjoyed my day in the garden and yes, I enjoyed the binge session. This is not to be repeated!

10 comments:

  1. Hi dear PH, thanks for sharing the motivational memes. 😊
    I love lamb and I love rice. I am assuming that your fragrant rice was jasmine?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You finished 2 regular pizzas in 1 sitting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. How I wish I could eat like you and not grow sideways.... hahaha.... anyway, just enjoy what you eat.... no meaning if we don't enjoy what we eat each day! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no, eating too much like me is bad. And if I do it often, I will grow sideways! LOL!

      Delete
  4. Ah, ah, ah, I want to eat the lamb mandi. Let me note down this restaurant Al-Sham Arabian Cuisine so if I am ever in that area, I will go there to eat this dish. Thanks for the review ☺️
    Good to see you eating heartily 😋🤤

    ReplyDelete
  5. 2 regular pizzas after a hefty lamb rice is a binge alright....haha! You always astound me with the amount you can eat in one meal. There's a Chinese saying "sek tuck is fook" (loosely translated as can eat is prosperity...lol). I want to binge also cannot coz don't have such an appetite. I can only handle 2 pcs of pizza (at my best, tops 3 slices) in one sitting, so your 2 regular pizzas can feed my family of 3...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can eat a lot of food hah..hah...hah...

      Delete