I have (again) decided (for the time being, don't know how long this enthusiasm will last) to cook my lunch in the mornings.
Ah! You have done this before, you say. And then you gave up, you say.
Yes. Yes. Guilty as charged.
Two pieces of ribeye steaks. These are very small thin pieces.
Some broccoli florets and garlic. The steaks were placed on a wire rack above the veggies. Into the air fryer at 200C for 8 minutes.Then rested for 20 minutes or so to cool down.
I used a kitchen scissors to cut the steaks into strips.
Smoked salt and some black pepper for seasoning.
Then toss the whole thing up for even seasoning.
Then packed into my lunchbox.
This lunch was very tasty.
I will use other veggies for variety as I have being doing recently.
And now for some cat philosophy.
Makes sense, right? hah...hah...
Dear PH, I am so enjoying the cat images and thoughts at the end of your posts!!!
ReplyDeleteYour food looks absolutely scrumptious, dear friend! I would so enjoy a meal like that! I love your photos and descriptions! Thank you so much for sharing!
Thank you, Linda! Your words always encourage and cheer me up!
DeleteSounds easy and tasty, I agree. Used to do lunch when I worked in bank before. Did simple cooking, nothing time consuming recipe.
ReplyDeleteNowadays I do simple cooking. I can't imagine that I used to do all those complicated Nonya cooking. So much work. LOL!
DeleteNo worries, life is a cycle so cook your lunch in the morning, stop for a break, cook again, stop again, it is just a cycle. No need to be continuously forever.
ReplyDeleteEnjoy home cooked lunch until your break! 😋
Have a good week ahead 💕
Ya, I will do that and not feel guilty. LOL! You have a good week ahead too!
DeleteI'm with you on the enthusiasm. I will cook dinner (sometimes lunch too) for 1-2 weeks, then stop and eat outside food for the next 1-2 weeks, then back to cooking. It's because of 2 factors....laziness crops in and getting tired of eating the same food (there are only so many dishes one can cook that's easy and no-fuss)! >_<
ReplyDeletehah..hah... so I am not the only one!
DeleteDream big or small, i'm on!
ReplyDeleteThat's the spirit!
DeleteHi dear PH, I hope you are doing well! I just wanted to respond to your kind comment on my blog post! As far as having a dog goes, I personally don't recommend people who work full time to get a dog. It is a lot of work...and expense, too. The dog needs to be taken out 3-4 times every day for walks, for one thing. Another is that dogs are generally more dependent than cats. They thrive more when someone is around a lot. That's just my thoughts, I always told my customers this when I was in the pet supply field to help them make a good choice when choosing a pet.
ReplyDeleteThank you, Linda for confirming what I think about dogs! I do love them and had a dog when I was a teenager and I loved her so much. She was unfortunately run over by a car. Yes, dogs are a lot more work and they need loads of attention. I don't have the time right now for that. Cats are self sustaining, they are so easy to care for and much easier to maintain. Ah, you were in the pet supply field and have given very good advice to your customers.
Delete