Monday, 17 August 2026

Chapfanlah

Saturday I thought I might try my luck at Gepuklah.

I sort of expected that there would still be a queue and if it is not too long (if I am early) I might join the queue. 

When I was on the overhead bridge, I could already see the queue. So that's it. I pusing balik (turned around) although there was (to my estimate) 20+ people waiting and it might not be that bad.

So what to eat? Chap fan lah!


I went to 282 Mixed Rice because it was not crowded. Restoran 1111 (when I passed by on my way to Gepuklah) was already bustling with customers.

It looks like the coffee stall is permanently closed since the signboard has been removed. The drinks menu have also been removed from the tables.


I had spinach, marmite chicken, Thai style fish, tofu and an egg. Again this cost me RM12.00.

Friday, I got hungry after lunch (because there was too little fish in the fish noodles).


I have not been to Yitcha Kaw Kaw Kopitiam in a while. I had one kaya puff. Just one. So well behaved, right?


Yum! It was very nice.


The Kopi C (no sugar) was wonderful! It was served in a big ass glass.


It wasn't all that much coffee as there was a lot of ice in the glass.


It was also datenite. We went to Red Kettle.


I chose to go carnivore with the Oyster Blade Steak.

My partner was in paparazzi mode again.


Ok lah. Layan one photo hah...hah...


My partner had the Classic Pork Chop again (his other choice here is Fish and Chips).


He did this before eating, carefully cutting everything into manageable pieces. I should get him those scissors hah..hah...

22 comments:

  1. Dear PH, thank you for sharing the memes on motivation! Your photos are lovely, the dishes look very attractive, nice presentations. Beautiful presentations on the dishes! This is the first time I have heard the term 'mixed rice'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you , Linda! You are always so kind. Mixed rice is probably a misnomer as it is directly translated from the Chinese terminology. It's simply rice with a mix of dishes, something very common over here,

      Delete
  2. Ooooh, I love pork chops! Oyster blade steak? It certainly looks delicious, but I have never heard of that before. Thank you so much for sharing, dear friend. I hope you have a lovely week ahead! Beautiful smile in that photo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you again, Linda! I was told that when I don't smile, I look very fierce. LOL!

      Delete
  3. Good morning 🌞
    Ah, still long q for Gepuk. See when U can get to try. Waiting patiently ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good morning! Me too, waiting and waiting, but not yet getting. LOL!

      Delete
  4. Ah, y that yitcha Kaw Kaw now serves cold drinks in glasses? The branch in Sri Petaling always put my cold coffee in those sealed plastic cups which I don't like. Must ask them for glasses next time I go to see they can do put in glasses or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw from the QR menu that glass is for dine in. Basically can choose if you want it served in a glass or plastic cup.

      Delete
  5. So many tasty food pictures you put up today. πŸ˜‹
    I forgot have I eaten fish and chips in red kettle before or not. πŸ€”
    Have a good week ahead ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! You eat so many food at so many places, so I am not surprised that you can't recall. You too have a good week ahead.

      Delete
  6. Just one kaya puff? :D Clap, clap, clap! I think I know where your partner is coming from...cutting up all his food first. I do that sometimes too...and that's when or because I'm too lazy to hold up or use both hands holding and putting down both a knife & fork. Cutting it up first means I can just use one hand to eat...though I don't cup up the entire plate at once....only like 3-4 pcs at a time (just because I "feel" the meat might lose its juiciness being cut up in advance....lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Ah, such self restraint! It makes sense after you shared that you do the same, easier to eat, just do the work once and sit back and enjoy the meal.

      Delete
  7. Thank you for your compliments on my tall burger...lol! I'm glad to have inspired you to make your own burger patty...and I'm hoping to see your "creation" in future.

    No, I've stopped using teflon-coated pans many years already (thanks for your concern). I'm using the same type of non-stick pan as yours (I think they call it granite?). I think any non-stick pan will lose its non-stick ability after a while (I've been changing my non-stick pans regularly). Now, I think I'm going to try stainless steel for a change (like all the chefs use...haha)...without any coating, it's probably the safest. Let's see if the food sticks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... maybe this weekend if I have the time. Must buy minced beef and all the fixings.

      I saw on Youtube how people use their stainless steel pan. Apparently you have to heat it up very hot and to test, they drop some water into it. If the pan is hot enough, the water droplets will roll like tiny balls on the surface. You can use the pan to sear steak!

      Delete
    2. Ya, the video on the product showed us how to use the pan (exactly as you described), so I'll certainly try that method. If using granite or teflon pans, we can't heat the pan to high heat without any oil in it but we can do that with stainless steel, so it should be good for searing (provided it doesn't stick). Maybe that's why chefs use or prefer to use stainless steel.

      Delete
    3. I'll wait for you to test it out and see if it sticks or not.

      Delete
  8. I feel like want to join in your datenite in red kettle coz the food looks so good! I prefer cutting my chicken/pork chop into pieces first to let them cool down before eating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can, come come! Oh, you too like to cut everything up before eating. It makes sense actually.

      Delete
  9. Your chapfan dishes very ngam my taste. Cili padi is a must! I'm also waiting your review on gepuklahπŸ˜‰

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like chap fan since can choose so many variety of dishes. Gepuklah may have to wait. Dunno when the crowd will reduce. Haiz!

      Delete
  10. Hi dear PH, my new Monday blog post has been up for almost 18 hours on my blog and the Blogger news reader still hasn't published it. πŸ˜€

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I noticed. Blogger is very inconsistent.

      Delete