Thursday, 30 July 2026

Stress Is An Appetizer

Yup, my work is still stressful thanks to the government's newly introduced online filing system (which was supposed to be so simple and would make things easier but it did not live up to expectations).

Take a deeeeep.... breath. Ahhhh!!!!


My stress relief is hugging my fatty bom bom. 

When I got to the office, I was hungry. Very hungry.

To be fair, I skipped dinner the previous day because I was full from lunch. I simply couldn't eat dinner.


Look at that. I was outside even before Say Yes Cafe was open. LOL! As the roller shutter slowly slid open, I approached.


I was the first customer to be seated and the place was very peaceful.


I saw these "advertisements" on their glass cabinet.


My favorite ice Kopi C kosong.


Nasi Lemak Ayam Goreng.


I saw a gentleman order hard boiled eggs. I should have done that, right? Instead of this carb fest. But hardboiled eggs at places like this are usually overcooked. Not nice.


A young lady came in and sat at the table (very very close) next to mine. She ordered a drink and steamed bread with butter and kaya. Ah! Maybe I should have eaten bread, I love bread.

But, I must say that I loved the nasi lemak and it was very satisfying.


By the time I left, the place was almost full. 


I went for a walk. I saw this table with glasses that have not been cleared. The patrons must have stayed until the early hours of morning.

So the staff took the table outside - okie, enjoy yourselves while the rest of us sau tong! (this is my imagination).


As I was passing by Starling's Pickl3 Town I could hear balls bouncing off the court.


It was not that hot since it was still early. But I was already starting to sweat.


I also passed by Baristar Coffee & Tea Express. I did not stop by since I already had my caffeine fix.

Eventually I got back to the office to face my work.


Yes, I hope it will pass. LOL!

12 comments:

  1. Hello dear PH, both of our new blog posts appeared in the Blogger news reader in a timely fashion today! How wonderful!!! :) I love the Dr. Mandell memes.
    Seeing your cat relaxes me and gives me much joy!!! (as do your blog posts and friendship) :)
    I love all your photos, dear friend. Thank you so much for sharing this lovely tour. The food looks very nice, perhaps too spicy for me, but it does look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr Mandell is a very wise man! Thank you for your kind words, Linda, I enjoy sharing and I am glad it has given you joy :)

      Delete
  2. Seeing the black and white checkered floor in the restaurant in a few of your photos brings me back to the 50s. Many floors looked like that back then, this design was quite popular during that time period.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes, I remember that from my childhood!

      Delete
  3. Ah, you must have taken a seat in the centre aisle (where it can be joined for a table of 4) and they just split it up for lone diners. I also don't like to be seated too near a stranger but these days it can't be helped as most shops space are small due to the high rent.

    Are you sure you can wolf down an additional small side with the saikoro steak set? I assure you the portion is plenty filling and more than enough for you....lol! Yes, madam, I shall do as I'm told...and visit more often....wuahahahaha! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, center aisle. It is very uncomfortable sitting so close to a stranger especially if it is a man.

      Yes, I can or maybe I am over estimating myself hah..hah...

      Delete
  4. Ah, this say yes cafe must open earlier like some eateries at 6.30 am πŸ˜‚ because I have seen a group of people waiting outside before it opened previously when I visited. πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They open 7:30am and I was there at 7:25am LOL!

      Delete
  5. Ya your pain will pass. You will be stronger πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻πŸ’ͺ🏻
    Cutie 🐈😺 Girl is so adorable 😍πŸ₯°
    Have a good Thursday! One more day and it will be Friday 🌹

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, but I have to work Saturday boohoo...LOL!

      Delete
  6. I wish i can have a cat to hug when stressed. My previous offfice has lotsa stray cats tht i can kacau...no, not hugging but play chase chase. My foster daugther kitten chased meπŸ€ͺ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You kidnap one of the cats at your previous office, then you can have a cat to peluk2 LOL! But hard for you lah since you travel quite frequently. So cute your foster daughter kitten chased you!

      Delete