Thursday 12 July 2018

Better Than Chap Fan : My Lunch Prep


As I have mentioned here about my morning food prep, I am happy to report that I have been keeping up with this thing. I am actually quite surprised with the ease of cooking lunch before going to work.

So let me share with you what I have been prepping.

1. Roasted pork loin with green pepper, fried eggs and stir fried broccoli with mushrooms.


2. Roasted chicken thighs with cherry tomatoes and French beans stir fried with eggs.


3. Roasted pork loin with shiitake mushrooms and cabbage stir fried with French beans.


4. Roasted chicken with shiitake mushrooms, omelette and broccoli stir fried with mushrooms.


Now for my power bowls hee..hee....

5. Roasted chicken leg and stir fried kai lan.


6. Roasted chicken breast, bacon wrapped baby eryngii mushrooms and stir fried pak choy.


7. Roasted chicken breast with baby eryngii mushrooms, roasted yellow pepper and cauliflower stir fried with bacon.


I'll have to say that I am very pleased with this arrangement and I enjoy my home cooked lunches. I can control what I eat, how much I eat (I tend to go overboard at the chap fan stall) and what goes into my food (no more feeling lethargic and bloated). I feel a lot better too.

It sure beats having to leave the office and trying to beat the lunch crowd.

29 comments:

  1. I love looking at your photos today and really paid attention to the details. That's because I just watched the Korean program of Chef Baek's Alley Resturant program last night which was so tensed yet educational. I was stunned by the harsh public critics on a bowl of salad with chicken breast meat which taught me how to make excellent salads to suit those chronic weight watchers who are dance students in Seoul.

    You know the design of a Korean flag is a Ying & Yang symbols which the folks often remember to live and eat in a well balanced way too. So your packed variety of food were all done perfectly to suit your taste and liking. I prefer yours than the Korean way on TV which would required more crunchy leaves and several sauces too. I often brought food from home too which my wife prepared for my whole week's lunch. I would say mine is more inclined to Thai style with lots of steamed vegies and spicy hot Thai Sambal belacan as the sauce! Aroi mak mak!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Korean show sound like something I would enjoy watching :) You are so fortunate to have a good wifey who cooks yummy Thai style food for you.

      Delete
  2. wah, your home cooked meals look so tasty and healthy! Just like those served by Meraki Kitchen but without the rice. But the portion looks like it is more suitable for me rather than you so you must be turning into having a smaller appetite, ya!? Very good! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, my appetite seem to have shrunk hee..hee...

      Delete
  3. Oh wow! Your lunch boxes look amazingly healthy and yummy at the same time. Shall be doing some for myself soon too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel a lot healthier these days.

      Delete
  4. Lady boss, where is your chap fan stall i want go support support and you got power bowls too, i like!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, this looks way much better than normal chap fan, i should say where is your restaurant

      Delete
    2. hah..hah... I don't think I want to run a restaurant. Very difficult job!

      Delete
  5. Always in awe at your meal preps

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Auwww...thanks for the generous compliments!

      Delete
  6. if u do catering, sure very laku! I wanna order.....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm assuming you will have heavy breakfasts on these food prep days since I have the same small containers...hehehe! >.< Of course prepping your own lunch is the best alternative since you're in control of the healthy ingredients that goes into your prep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My breakfast is quite light - 3 eggs. I think my containers are bigger than yours hee..hee...

      Delete
  8. I seldom go out for lunch nowadays too. I bring lunch bento from leftover previous night dinner or cook simple lunch in office with my humble mini rice cooker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea. How nice, you can cook in the office.

      Delete
  9. These home cooked lunch all look so yummy, so much more delicious than chap fan food. I don't mind eating them for dinner too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Omg! It looks like a big vatiety of dishes like in a restaurant, I would say!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nak tirulah hihi....Menu simple tapi menarik. Sebenarnya menu gini pun dah cukup kenyang kan LL ... tp tulah yg jadi tak boleh tahan tu, nafsu nak makan macam hahahaha.... nak makan macam macam pas tu malas nak masak. Aduhai sedih betul!...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... LL sekarang terlebih rajin pulak. So far, maintain masak pepagi.

      Delete