Friday 16 February 2018

Chinese New Year But Indian Food


It's the first day of Chinese New Year. Gong Xi Fa Cai! Or as we say it at home, Keong Hee Huat Chye! Mum wanted to give us a treat, a banana leaf curry treat. Yay!


Our favorite hangout for Indian food, Krishna Curry House. We have been elsewhere but we always come back here.


This is always something to look forwards to. We always delight in those refills of vegetables and condiments.


Our favorite side dishes are....


... Claypot Mutton Curry....


.... Deed Fried Bittergourd, Mutton Varuval and Chicken Varuval.


Not forgetting the Sotong Goreng (crispy fried squids).


And Fried Chicken.


What a scrumptious meal. I could eat this everyday. Loads of rice, banjir (flooded) with curry chap (gravy) and enjoyed with all those spicy delights.


Dad chose to eat with his hand, which some swear is the best way to enjoy banana leaf rice. The food is tastier that way it seems.


Being a multi-cultural country, you can see these Chinese New Year decorations even in an Indian restaurant. 


I was amused to see this Indian version of the waving cat. How charming! 

Before lunch we visited my aunt who is my mum's elder sister.


Where I met Ms Brownies.


I think she deserves a post of her own. Meow!

28 comments:

  1. Hiyyyy hiyyy you.. Happy chinese new year. Long time no visit here.. Soriiii.. I dah jarang blogging dah.
    Woww.. What a meriah food for chinese new year ek. Those curry gravy.. Wow pekat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Curry gravy tu sedap. Rase macam nak tambah nasi tapi takut gemok :(

      Delete
  2. Gong Xi Fa Cai! Best of health, happiness and prosperity to you and your family! It is a very good idea to eat Banana Leaf Rice on CNY Day 1 as many CRestaurants would be closed on this day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My same wishes to you, Mun! I saw other Chinese families enjoying the banana leaf rice too.

      Delete
  3. xinnian kuaile
    nice lah indian food
    sedap tu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keong Hee Huat Chai.....we need to take the two / three / four brothers to banana leaf rice together and let them compare notes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keong Hee Huat Chai! Pakat gi rama rama deh.

      Delete
  5. I would go for Indian food anytime!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Eating off a leave never grows old. Even after so much time in KL it's still one of my favourite things to do with friends visiting from overseas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to know that you enjoy banana leaf rice too!

      Delete
  7. No surprise to me. I had Malay catering for the past 2 years during CNY. Haha. We are really blessed to stay in a multi racial country. Never go hungry during holiday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...quite ironic that we don't eat Chinese food during CNY.

      Delete
  8. The waiving „cat” was the best proof of multiculture😀

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Looking at it again, I am also hungry LOL!

      Delete
  10. What a feast!

    Happy Chinese New Year to you & family, PH!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also find eating with hand tastier...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Indian food is my favourite, i can eat a lot of rice with these indian dishes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Ms Brownie is an "atas" looking cat...yes, she certainly deserves a post of her own! ;) Ah, this place is famous for their claypot mutton curry (unfortunately, I don't like mutton) but would gladly have their fried chicken. I heard their vegetables and condiments aren't great though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is grumpy looking but somewhow manages to look cute :) The fried chicken was good, tender and moist. The vegetables are alright to me, though what was served that day was not as good as those I had on previous visits.

      Delete
  14. Never a fan of BLR but I'll enjoy the curry mutton, fried sotong and fried chicken!

    ReplyDelete