Tuesday 23 January 2018

Solo Lunches@Mr Tuk Tuk


So I went back to Mr Tuk Tuk@The Starling about a week after the feast I had with my brother. Since I was alone, I opted for the set meal.


This is Set Meal 3 (SM3) which consist of white rice, Mixed Vegetables with Cashew Nuts, Thai Basil Chicken and Thai Beef Salad.


The Thai Basil Chicken turns out to be minced chicken and though I could detect the basil aroma, I could not see any of the herb. But from the photo, I realize that they have been chopped into small pieces. Quite a tasty dish though it did not look impressive.


The Thai Beef Salad is dressed with a thick greenish garlicky sauce. I loved it but it gave me very strong garlic breath. Yikes!


It's a very nice salad but if you are on a date or a business lunch, forget it or bring along some breath mints.


The Mixed Vegetables with Cashew Nuts is the usual mixed vegetable dish that one would expect and it was nice enough.


The set meal comes with a drink of the day. That day it was fresh mango. I was afraid that it might be too sweet (from added sugar) bu thankfully it was not. But the mango juice was very diluted. I guess I can't expect much.


The following week I went back again. This time for SM1 which had white rice, Thai Glass Noodle Salad, Fish Cakes and Chicken with Dry Chili and Cashew Nuts.


The Thai Glass Noodle Salad was very nice. Tangy, salty and sweet. And garlicky too hee..hee... And watch out for booby traps - the chili padi which is hot! hot! hot!


Special mention must be made for the Fish Cakes which I thought was very good. The Chicken with Dry Chili and Cashew Nuts however, though tasty, was a bit hard due to the batter.


The free drink that day was Watermelon juice. Not sweet and yes, diluted. 

Those were two very decent lunches at a reasonable price of  RM18.80 per set.

32 comments:

  1. I love the crockery they use to serve the food, never seen anything like this before. Custom-made?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dunno if it is custom made but I love it too!

      Delete
  2. The price is good for the variety of food served. No wonder they are full house during lunch hours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very attractive variety of food here and I also noted the lunch crowds.

      Delete
  3. I would prefer SM1 since I'm not sure if the herb I detest immensely is Thai basil...I just try to stay clear of anything "basil"! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup, that's Thai basil which you say is smelly hah..hah...

      Delete
  4. Waahhhhh
    Such a nice solo feast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a bad deal including a drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Four attractive sets to choose from and I am glad both times the drinks were fruit juices.

      Delete
  6. I would like to get one of these plates too especially eating solo at home... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. the plate shape is so funny....anyway, I like the dishes...looks yummy and appetising!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny? hah..hah.. but practical to serve the dishes.

      Delete
  8. The plating is very cute la!
    So long never have solo meal liao lo! With 2 kids, difficult la!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Next time if you need a company just gimme a call haha... Both sets look yummy but the most appealing to me are the drinks. Refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure! The drinks are nice, not too sweet.

      Delete
  10. Love the cockery. Leafy shape

    I would opt for the 2nd set. Fit me more.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can see the chicken were thickly battered and I suspect they were very small in size, am I right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. The batter is very thick.

      Delete
  12. Hai LL.... long time not come here... miss u hahaha. Wah enjoy nampak makan set lunch sorang sorang kat Tuk Tuk hihi...



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hainom! Miss you too.... Makan sure enjoy hah..hah...

      Delete
  13. Yes, I like the serving plate. Both sets look good and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The price is very reasonable, I think I will like the Thai Basil Chicken (minced chicken), looks very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good although I would prefer small chicken chunks.

      Delete
  15. You know that place is my favourite. They serve reasonably tasty and value for money meals.

    #AroiMakMak

    ReplyDelete