Tuesday 16 January 2018

Shopping Makes Me Hungry


After walking for miles, hunting for my pants and blouses (not easy to find stuff that fit my auntie taste), I had to eat. 


I went back to Wondermama to check out their new menu. After my first visit last year, I returned with my partner and his sister.

That evening, we were informed that there would be a menu revamp in November 2017. Unfortunately, my partner was not impressed with the food, so I had to return on my own.


I was disappointed that my favorite Merryberry smoothie is no longer on the menu. So I settled on the Milo smoothie.

I am not going to complain that it was not sweet enough because I was fine with it. Most people would find that it needs more sugar. The smoothie was bland because there was not enough Milo in it. This smoothie needs to be improved.


This time I had the Nasi Lemak Salted Egg Chicken


It's nasi lemak served with fried chicken fillet in salted egg sauce. The sauce is quite thin and runny with more butter taste than salted egg yolk. 


You also get half a salted egg. What I like is that this salted egg was not too salty. 


The sambal was very nice, it had a good balance of sweet, sour and salty. Overall, I felt that the salted egg chicken clashed with the sambal.

But that's just my opinion. Since it is retained in the new menu, it must be a popular item. In fact when I was at the cashier paying my bill, I spotted another lady enjoying this nasi lemak.

31 comments:

  1. nasi lemak hipster is it? hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Wondermama isn't all that wonderful, after all, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, yes :( Not motivated to come back again.

      Delete
  3. Hahaha... cos you burn too much calories! Shopping is good exercise too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... then I won't feel guilty indulging in good food.

      Delete
  4. I get hungry shopping too. Actually, I can't stand shopping so eating is always a good distraction. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mee too, I prefer the eating hah..hah..

      Delete
  5. I hope you found some lovely clothing! If not, at least you had some nourishment :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did! hee..hee.. yes, I always look forwards to getting lots of nourishment :D

      Delete
  6. I've only eaten the Nasi lemak ori here.. not bad, I like their fried chicken and sambal petai.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure the nasi lemak ori is much better than the one I had.

      Delete
  7. I have not been here yet but I have looked through the new menu which mentioned tapas dishes. Thank you for your thorough review. I was tempted to order this because I like to eat salted eggs any food but since the butter taste is stronger my spouse won't like it and as we share our food I won't order it. thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are other dishes that are to your liking. I wish that they had kept the Merrryberry on the menu :(

      Delete
    2. none that I can see on their menu that will tempt me to walk into their eatery.

      Delete
  8. I've only eaten the nasi lemak with fried salmon cubes...but I can see that the sambal still looks pretty much the same...with teeny weeny prawns! >_< This is like nasi lemak meets nasi kerabu...hehe! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I liked the sambal with those tiny prawns. Next time it's better for me to stick to the regular nasi lemak.

      Delete
  9. Usually I will attack the keropok first...

    ReplyDelete
  10. The nasi lemak looks very lemak-licious! I like!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, it was not that lemak :(

      Delete
  11. Hi Phong Hong, great to have time shopping and enjoying the food. I haven't had the time yet to go shopping for CNY clothings. Always love to go 'look see, look see' before Christmas and CNY. Probably, have to wait till my MIL is discharged from hospital.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimmy! I enjoyed my shopping trip. I need another one before CNY hee..hee... I hope your MIL is well enough to be discharged soon.

      Delete
  12. sometimes i feel like carrying a salted egg around with me everywhere so that i can crack it open whenever i'm eating something that could benefit from having some salted egg with it :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... that's a great idea! I should carry one in my handbag :D

      Delete
  13. I agree with you, salted egg sauce together with sambal sounds and tastes funny

    ReplyDelete
  14. I can see the batter of the chicken was quite thick and the sauce made the batter become soggy >_<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wasn't soggy but the sauce got no power hah..hah...

      Delete
  15. I am curious, would love to try this nasi lemak with salted egg sauce.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow anything with salted egg sauce sound so delicious :)

      Delete