Wednesday 24 January 2018

Really Big Breakfast. Really?


One day last year, I was very hungry during office hours. So I nipped over to The Red Kettle@The Starling for something to eat.

Upon checking the menu, I noted that they had a new breakfast item - the Really Big Breakfast. That sure got my attention. So I ordered it.


Oh! Look at that. 


A French Toast (very strong on the cinnamon), two slices of toast, some salad, bacon, a sausage, pickle, sweet potatoes, mushrooms and two sunny side up eggs.


Bacon. I never complain about bacon. Love it.


Not too thrilled about the sausage. I am not a fan of the seasoning (too much herbs) and the texture was not to my liking.

The pickle, I felt was out of place. It's carrots and daikon, more suited to Japanese food. But I ate it anyway since I love pickles.


The fried eggs were served separately on a plate. One yolk was almost set while the other was still runny. And it has crispy edges, so this must have been fried in a cast iron pan.


I loved the mushrooms, enjoyed the chewy texture and earthy flavor.


The fried sweet potato wedges were rather nice. Sweet potatoes seem to be the in thing.


As usual, I have no trouble finishing my food. Will I have this again? No, I don't think so. I'll come back for something else.

26 comments:

  1. The sausage was no good? Awwwwww!!!! It looked gorgeous, I'd go for these anytime, so much nicer than the ones here - they just use the supermarket ones. I never even bother to buy and cook and eat at home so what makes them think I will pay to go and eat that in a restaurant?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looked good, so fat and gorgeous but tastewise, I did not like it. I like those with smokey flavor.

      Delete
  2. Craving for it after seeing the foods, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a huge breakfast. I don't think I could finish it all alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your title means you don't think the portion is big at all? I agree with you that the pickle is rather out of place. Seems like they may have extra from some other meals so as an afterthought just included it in this big breakfast. I dislike having my food served on chopping boards. Some people preferred their food served on plates like those people at https://twitter.com/WeWantPlates

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should follow up with another sentence : Really! It was big hee..hee.. just the right amount to satisfy my hungry stomach. Me too, I would prefer a plate. I have concerns if the chopping board is properly washed >.<

      Delete
  5. I think it was a Really Big Breakfast! At least for me...for breakfast (with 3 thick slices of bread). Maybe for lunch...it's another story. But I have to say the bacon looked somewhat greasy...was it? I still dare not try this place as I can't get over their negative ratings on Google (especially the service)...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was big, even by my standards hee..hee... No, the bacon was not greasy at all. The service here can be bad at peak hours and that is why I come either very early or later. The first time I came with my partner for dinner, it was chaos. That's why he does not want to come anymore hah..hah...

      Delete
  6. Very shiok ah... can just step out of the office to cure the hunger anytime!! Reminds me of what I did last time too...now can shout out loud.. sudah retire ma.. hahahaa..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...over here can get food too easily and also can get fat very easily...

      Delete
  7. Wow! Thay was really one big breakfast for one person to finish!!

    I love sauteed mushrooms. Not so keen on sausages.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to share if you can't eat as much as me hah..hah..

      Delete
  8. OMG! OMG! You just frightened me! You are really scary to finish the whole Really Big Breakfast alone! How did you swallow them all? I am guessing now how big your petrol tank is.

    #TMpengsan #AhHongTangkiBesar

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... I can eat a lot. It runs in the family :)

      Delete
  9. wah, shioknyer to eat this breakfast set!

    ReplyDelete
  10. After eating the big breakfast, I think you wouldn't need any heavy lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I pun suka type bekfes yg mcm tu LL.... tapi jarang jumpalah kat area I ni. Buat sendiri pun senang je tukan. Tp tulah masalahnya mcm mcm jenis pulak nak kena masaknya hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kan? LL pun malas nak prep breakfast macam ni kat rumah.

      Delete
  12. Oh yeah, I like the portion and I like every items on that breakfast platter! May I know the price?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I can't remember the price >.<

      Delete