Friday 19 January 2018

One Tray Roasted Meat and Vegetables


It looks like the lazy bug is still with me and when I wanted to prep up some weekday food, I remembered my Roasted Pork Loin with Peppers which I cooked back in 2016.

Instead of sweating over a hot wok, stir frying and simmering and what not, all I did was marinate some meat and slice up some red, green and yellow peppers.


Then lay them out on a baking tray and roast away. Is that easy or what? I could get used to this. The end result? A very tasty meat and vege dish. Kautim!

One Tray Roasted Meat and Vegetables
Recipe source : Phong Hong

Ingredients :
- 4 pieces pork loin (approximately 750g), cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp HP sauce
- 1 tbsp light soya sauce
- 1 tsp Maggi seasoning
-  1 tsp pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Green, red and yellow peppers, thinly sliced and tossed with a tablespoon of olive oil.

Method :
1. Marinate the pork with oyster sauce, HP sauce, light soya sauce, Maggi seasoning, pepper and garlic for about an hour.
2. Pour marinated meat onto one side of a lined baking tray.
3. On another side, pour the sliced peppers.
4. Roast at 200C for 40 minutes until meat is cooked and peppers are soft and charred.


25 comments:

  1. I like meat just roasted like that, rub a bit of salt and pepper, that's all. A whole lot nicer than some of those "complicated" recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am more keen on roasted food like this than stir fried food but just the roasted vege is enough for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Roasted veggies are simply delicious :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds very easy and delicious. I am tempted to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those simple recipes are often the best. If you've got good ingredients there's no need to mess with them too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree (more out of laziness than anything else hah..hah..)

      Delete
  5. I do this all the time too but with chicken as I'm afraid the pork will turn out not tender enough. However, the red and yellow bell peppers are getting mighty expensive these days :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is HP sauce? Same with Nancy, tempted to try it out...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colourful treat, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! That is one tray of goodness. I love roasted meat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The meat goes very well with the roasted peppers.

      Delete
  9. I would love to grab that plate over! Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pair it up with white steaming rice, best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is really a healthy and smart cooking by just baking & roasting instead of frying for hours at the wok. I must do this method often besides the other easy way of throwing every meat into the rice cooker type.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love those rice cooker meals. Hmmm...must do that one day.

      Delete
  12. Oh I love one pot/pan cooking especially oven baked, no cleaning is needed, just throw away the liner, LOL

    ReplyDelete