Monday 22 January 2018

Curry Tuna Cakes


After making Tasty Tuna Cakes, I made them  few more times because they taste so good.

I bring two with me to work to help stave off hunger pangs. They make very handy portable snacks and prevent me from running off to the shops to eat something when I am feeling peckish hee..hee... This year, I am trying not to eat out too often.


I bought two cans of tuna (packed in water) just to make these tuna cakes. This time, I lined the muffin tray with cupcake liners because I got fed up with the tuna cakes getting stuck to the pan (in spite of oiling the muffin holes). That made it lots easier to remove the tuna cakes as it was just a matter of peeling off the liners.


The ingredients are pretty much the same as before except that I decided to add some curry powder to the mix. 


Somehow the smell reminded me of otak-otak and I wonder if we can make otak-otak in a muffin pan. Hmm...perhaps I should experiment.

Curry Tuna Cakes
Recipe source : Adapted from Nom Nom Paleo

Ingredients :
- 2 cans tuna packed in water (two 130g cans)
- 1 cup mashed steamed sweet potatoes
- 1/4 cup sliced spring onions
- 1/4 cup minced coriander leaves
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tbsp meat curry powder
- 2 eggs

Method :
1. Line a 12 hole muffin pan with cupcake liners. Set aside.
2. Drain the tuna and flake it using you hand or a fork.
3. Add mashed sweet potatoes, spring onions, coriander, salt, pepper, meat curry powder and eggs.
4. Fill up the muffin pan with the tuna mixture.
5. Bake in the oven at 180C for 25 minutes or until the mixture is set and slightly browned around the edges.

34 comments:

  1. I love curry tuna, just eat with bread or rice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I used to eat with Maggi mee with a squeeze of lime.

      Delete
  2. Yummy!

    Looks great for party food.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new year resolution - not to eat out often?? ^^

    So pretty your tuna cakes. Great for snack and party treat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, eating out not good for my health.

      Delete
  4. I bet you could freeze these. Convenient for packing for travel and lunches too I imagine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess they could be frozen. I haven't tried yet.

      Delete
  5. This is really a fabulous finger food being rolled out from Ah Hong Chee's kitchen. I can imagine the taste of otak-otak as this is very possible with the curry powder being mixed inside. Please do experiment further and if possible, invite me too! I will be you best taster and critic for no fees, owing to our close blog rapport & 'friendship'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know lah, you are very eager to be food tester :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Phong Hong, Happy 2018! Try up the ante with spicy tuna with cili padi If so, leave out the curry powder od course. Have a feeling the heat will go down well with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann! Happy 2018 to you too. Oh yeah, cili padi. That would really give a nice kick to these tuna cakes :)

      Delete
  7. Ah, this is another recipe that is tempting me to try because it looks so tasty and so easy to eat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to try this. Extremely easy and extremely tasty :)

      Delete
  8. U try not to eat out often, I trying to exercise more...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks so yummy, PH... I like sweet potatoes and it sounds simple too.. hahahaa.. Perhaps I try one can of tuna first.. and if it is good, then can do again... Ok, bookmark this already.. copied link to my recipe link!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't just say only, must really do hah..hah..

      Delete
  10. Wah..menarik ni PH
    Muffin tuna gitew..tertipu anak² dibuatnya hehee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great idea for a snack! Perfect for Lent, too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You know what? I am going to try this recipe for my small group gathering this Wed! Looks easy and simple recipe! Tomorrow must look out for sweet potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you try is as this is easy and is great to feed a crowd hee..hee..

      Delete
  13. perfect for whetting the appetite, ya! :D

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are such an excellent cook ph, you can make almost anything, these curry tuna cakes look so good to me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your generous compliment, Libby. So shy lah.... These tuna cakes are something so easy and yet very tasty.

      Delete
  15. I actually bought a can of tuna after reading your previous blog post. But that can of tuna is still sitting in my pantry cupboard...hihihi! ;) Must get cracking on it soon. This year you're trying to eat out less often and I'm trying to eat smaller portions or order less when I eat out...a good new year's resolution for both of us, don't you think? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... I hope we both keep to our resolutions!

      Delete
  16. I saw sweet potato is used in your recipe and I doubt the sweetness flavor can go well with tuna? I wonder if I can use potato instead?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sweet potato taste did not come out too strong and it was not sweet. Yes, you can sub with potato.

      Delete
  17. Faveret I otak otak tu LL.... kalau makan luar pantang org hantar otak otak mesti habis satu bekas hihi...

    Aduhhhh bilalah i nak rajin ni LL? Mcm sedap je menu ni. Kalau buat dapat ni satu pinggan pun boleh habis


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah... Hainom ni macam LL juga, boleh bantai satu bekas :D

      Delete