Monday 11 December 2017

Lazy To Cook


One week day, I was very hungry and there wasn't any cooked food in the fridge. I am one of those people who cannot bear the thought of cooking after work. I just can't do it.

So I nipped over to Jaya Grocer's Fresco. I have been eyeing what they have to offer but I have never tried. My partner always says that supermarkets use near expired chicken to cook their roasted chicken. Aiyah, this fellow. He has a lot of theories.

So anyway, I went to the counter and had a look at the menu. I decided to have the BBQ chicken and it comes with coleslaw and mashed potatoes. I was asked if I wanted the top or lower half of the chicken and of course I chose the leg.


The server also offered to warm up the chicken but I told her not to bother as I could do that at home. She was very generous with the mashed potatoes and I was really looking forwards to the carb-fest hee..hee..


The meal is packed in this tray-like container. 


It was quite a big piece of leg and generously doused with BBQ sauce. No, I did not warm it up, I just dived right in. I'm afraid the chicken was hard and on the dry side. The BBQ sauce made it palatable.


The mashed potatoes was huge. It had cheese in it. I think they topped the tray of mashed potatoes with cheese and baked it to melt the cheese.


I was given a small container of gravy for the mashed potatoes.


Very nice, but I did not care much for the cheese. It would be really nice if it was warm.


The coleslaw was all right, it had raisins in it and they were quite hard.

The meal was only passable but a very filling one which served its purpose.

26 comments:

  1. I have dined at Jaya Fresco at the Gardens Mall and found the food to be ok. Haha haha next time maybe you may want to heat up the food so that they taste nicer but then I also won't bother to heat the food up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Perhaps it would be better to eat there and let them heat up the food :)

      Delete
  2. How much was that? My girl's in KL and she went there, Mid Valley...and seeing all the gluten-free stuff available there brought tears to her eyes, so very happy. Of course, she bought a whole lot of stuff to cart hiome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was RM22++. Quite good portion size but I suspect the BBQ chicken was leftover roasted chicken disguised with BBQ sauce.

      Delete
  3. When eating alone, this sound like an acceptable meal to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If me, I am the lazy type, I won't be bother to heat it up, open and eat...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chicken might have tasted better if heated up.

      Delete
  5. that theory about using near-expired chicken actually makes sense when you think of it ... i never thought of it before! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. After he told me that, I was sort of suspicious too hah..hah..

      Delete
  6. Muahahaha! Your lahling and I have very kolot thinking that they used near expired stuffs to serve but not this chicken lah. I would say that all cut fruits are the ones with rotten parts that have been sliced off before putting on trays as I saw them with my own big eyes!

    I wanna laugh at this post showing 8 big photos from one meal. Wakakakaka! I actually love them as long as being doused by barbeque sauce.

    #SamaKolotjantan #AyamExpired?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanna show every aspect of the meal hee..hee.. It might have tasted better of the chicken and mashed potatoes were warmed up.

      Delete
  7. It would probably have tasted better if it was reheated...but, then again, I don't trust these plastic containers sometimes...not sure if they're actually microwavable! >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right, heating up would have made a world of difference. I could transfer the chicken and mashed potatoes to a plate and zap the lot in the oven :)

      Delete
  8. Maybe you can transfer the food out of the plastic container and heat them, I love mash potato.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Yeah, I also cannot resist mashed potatoes :)

      Delete
  9. When Jaya first opened near me (The Intermark), you could buy meat or fish from the grocery store and they'd cook it for you in the cafe. It was really good. But, we haven't had it since opening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have that here too but quite limited I think.

      Delete
  10. I ate twice at the Ipoh Jaya Grocer and found the food served were good. Maybe because they warmed the food before serving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so. I must not be lazy next time hee..hee..

      Delete
  11. I always attracted to those roasted chicken being displayed at Aeon or other supermarket's deli LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. yummmm!!!! I like the coleslaw & mashed potato too. Will gonna look for this if I ever go to Jaya Grocer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good but must be warm to fully enjoy the meal.

      Delete