Friday 28 April 2017

Salad Atelier@The Starling


I got tired of eating noodles, meatballs, fishballs and fish head. Hah! So it's time for a change of noms. Yes, I have been on carbo freefall lately and I am now a hefty 10 lbs heavier. Who cares.

So. You know I love salad, right? The Salad Bar and The Salad Shack have since closed down and I now welcome Salad Atelier to Uptown Damansara! Yes! Salad Atelier is finally here.

On my first visit, I had the Monster Wich which is one of their three Sammich (salad sandwich? The other two being Baby Wich and Adult Wich).


Inside were all my salad fixings. 


The proteins were roasted beef and beef bacon. It was a very loaded sandwich and I had to eat with a fork and knife. It was very nice.

I was wrongly charged for a Monster Salad which costs RM3.00 more. But I was already back in the office when I realized that. I must check my receipts next time.

On another visit, I had the Monster Salad (yup the other two variations are the Baby Salad and Adult Salad). Of course I had to have monster size in view of my stomach which has a bottomless pit.


I was informed that I could choose 2 dressings.


I picked the Honey Balsamic and Sauteed Garlic. Both were lovely. But frankly, these were too little to dress the salad.


It's also quite hard to toss the salad so I had to do it carefully.


I only managed a proper toss when I was more than halfway through.

Oh yes, I used the 30% Offpeak discount on my second visit. Which meant going there at 3:00pm for a late lunch.

After my meal, I decided to check out the MBO cinema.


Whoa! It has been ages since I have been to the movies. Perhaps this is where I can disappear to in the afternoons hee..hee...hee...

26 comments:

  1. i walked past this salad atelier when i was at the starling. if it is not too expensive i may have a salad just for the avocado.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is very little avocado unfortunately :( It is worth it of you get the Offpeak 30% discount.

      Delete
  2. i love an afternoon escape to the movies too ... a 3pm screening when it's hopefully pretty empty and there are only four or five other people in the cinema hall :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too! There is nothing worse than a crowded cinema hall.

      Delete
  3. This Starling place sure looks like a great place to check out...for the food especially.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is very happening right now. Loads of people when I was there Saturday evening.

      Delete
  4. Oh dear. Extra charge of RM3??

    Monster Wich is so full of green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so careless :( Yes, it is a salad sandwich, full of greens that I love!

      Delete
  5. Many salad bars have opened...and closed. What does that tell you? People are not into salads? Hope Atelier will stay the distance since they've many branches around. That Monster Wich is a salad in disguise! :D I think an Adult Wich will be more my size. I like the fava beans & avocado in the Monster Salad but the meats look kinda dry though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think people can't bring themselves to pay upwards of RM15 for a bowl of greens and very little meat. The Monster Wich and Monster Salad did not keep me full and I was hungry an hour later hah..hah... Salad Atelier will stay as they have been around a long time. The one at Starling has a collaboration with CHI Fitness (which is just around the corner on the same floor) where gym members get 15% discount. So they have a captured market there.

      Delete
  6. I'm terrible at choosing my own ingredients as I end up just putting in EVERYTHING that I like and it doesn't turn out very balanced. I do much better with their preselected suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hah..hah...I have trouble deciding what I want because I also want everything in my bowl!

      Delete
  7. Starling now seems to be the "in" place to be. Look forward to visit thei top of the art cinema there

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, very happening. Got nice makan place and the cinema baru open.

      Delete
  8. Wow! I couldn't do a proper tossing of such big salad bowl. Yummy salad sandwich. Think I should replicate something like this at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can easily make the salad at home for a fraction of the price :)

      Delete
  9. Seems you are a regular customer in Starling, ever since it is opened, you have been eating there quite often, the food must be pretty good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is very convenient for me to eat there and so tempting because it is so near hah..hah..

      Delete
  10. Salad looks delicious and with plenty of ingredients. I would love to have one now. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love salad as a main meal but it must contain enough proteins or else I get hungry very fast.

      Delete
  11. Mentang-mentanglah ada Starling sekarang. Everywhere inside Starling you pergi makan ya...

    Hah, I want to tell you this though I never say anything in my blog. I also have Sunway Velocity, MyTown and IKEA just sepelaung aje from my house, okay! Don't be jealous when I start to IKEA here, IKEA there, Velocity here, Velocity there pulak ^_^

    Oppsss! Out of topic! Sorry ~_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wah, MD you lagi best got so many malls near you. I only have one, so yah I dah jalan the whole of Starling. Waiting for more shops to open.

      Delete
  12. I like all the ingredients in your salad except the raw onion :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love raw onion but I don't like the onion breath after that hah..hah..

      Delete