Friday 24 March 2017

You Are Bored, Right?


Of course you are. I am writing about mundane stuff. No killer cakes. No Terengganu cooking. No baking disasters.

Everyday Annie-1, Annie-1, Annie-1. I am actually bored myself. So. I decided to pay BMS Organics@The Starling a visit.



It was early and I had the whole place to myself.



Ordering here is easy. Just browse the menu and write your order code.



I was served a complimentary ginger drink.



It was warm and very strong. I actually loved it.



For drinks, I chose the Nutritious Barley (RM4.90). Sugar is not added (yay!) and I was given a container of sugar syrup to add. But no, I did not need the sugar.



For my mains, I had the BMS Signature Nasi Lemak (RM13.90). It was very nice. 



The sambal was particularly good. I wonder how they got the flavors right seeing that this is vegetarian. The curry was good, though I did not like the texture of the mock meat.

As for the acar it was ok, just don't expect it to taste like regular nonya acar.



I liked the papadam and it was a nice crunchy accompaniment to my meal.

And knowing that portion size would be small, I added a side order of Fresh Tropical Rojak (RM8.90).



It was very good, just like regular rojak buah. Again, I wonder how they got the taste right since this cannot contain hae koh (otak udang). 



My only complaint is that something like yu tiau in the rojak was quite tough and chewy. 



That was a really nice meal. Filled me up just nice, not too heavy, not too light.

Oh, a few days before, a nice lady gave away her discount voucher to me while I was making payment at the cashier.



So that took off RM5.00 from my total bill (including 10% member discount). This lunch cost me RM19.95. Thank you, kind lady!



And if you drop by, bring your own serviette/tissue paper :)

38 comments:

  1. Same here, every day Payung Payung Payung!!! Everyone must be so bored already. Went again today for the lei cha, great for detoxification - you can see it the very next day. Same colour! Hehehehehehe!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no. I guess I won't be trying lei cha in the near future. Will keep thinking of what you saw the next day hah..hah...

      Delete
  2. Eat by yourself?? Nice change of venue instead of going to the same old place for your meal fix. Hahaha.

    Ginger drink. That is nice on a cold day or when you having that time of the month.

    I love what you have. The nasi lemak plate was so big making the dishes looked little. Hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The serving size is very dainty hah..hah... It's good though.

      Delete
  3. How come they didn't serve you the free green tablets to go with the hot ginger? I was often amused by the green tablets that looked like goat feed. Muahahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! The ginger drink was very potent. I was expelling wind after lunch. LOL!

      Delete
    2. Upwards or downwards? LOL

      Delete
    3. Two ways wahahahaha!!!!

      Delete
  4. Ginger drink Sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha I always tend to go back to the same places to eat also... :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's nice to go to a familiar place.

      Delete
  6. I like to eat at the same places too....but I don't think I would return to the same place within the next or next few days though (yes, it'd be too boring for me). I've never had a vegetarian nasi lemak before...probably because I think of it as a waste of stomach space? Kekeke! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The vegetarian nasi lemak is delicious. When I had it for the first time years ago, I was so impressed. But can't eat too often as it is much pricier that regular nasi lemak :(

      Delete
  7. Lucky you to have the 5 ringgit voucher from the nice lady:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it helped save me some money hah..hah...

      Delete
  8. Hi Phong Hong,
    Occasionally we will have vegetarian lunch with colleagues. The vegetarian nasi lemak, fish soup noodle taste good.
    That glass of ginger tea looks good. I like yu tiau that's crisp and crunchy in rojak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Vegetarian food is surprisingly very delicious. If only it was more affordable, I would eat it more often.

      Delete
  9. Glad your kitchen is opened.

    Phong Hong, I baked your adapted yoghurt cottony cake from Kimmy's recipe.
    This is my maiden post using the respective recipe (I used only yoghurt only), separation method and water bath. I used only 4 eggs. I think it's under baked (there is a slight dense layer on the base of the cake)




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow! I must check out your post right after this :)

      Delete
  10. This looks like my type of place. I like ginger drinks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will love the food here. Clean eating :)

      Delete
  11. no i am not bored at all. on the contrary, your posts are always written in an entertaining way. ah so you have a member card for bms organic. hehehe so you find the nasi lemak ok too. i thought got har bee in the sambal until i remember it is a vegetarian meal. the fake meat i believe is some kind of mushroom stalk so the texture is kind of rough. they use this fake meat in fake mutton curry too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Mun for your kind words :) I thought the nasi lemak was good. If only it were more affordable, I would go back there more often.

      Delete
  12. Annie-1 nice leh. TM recommended me go eat there before.

    Hmm...so far have not tried BMS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BMS food after eating, will lapar again 2 hours later LOL!

      Delete
  13. I am not bored reading your posts.. we are makanan bloggers.. anything that can be eaten is interesting... I went for vegetarian with my girl too one evening, all sayur and meatless and oil-less too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear :) I also find anything food related very interesting.

      Delete
  14. I quite like their meal but the price definitely not really wallet friendly >_<
    PS: I found that you like rojak eh, hint: Mr. Fish post :P

    ReplyDelete
  15. Minum ginger tu yg nikmatnya bila angin keluar..
    perghhhh leganya perut kan PH..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh..heh...memang banyak angin keluar petang tu hee..hee..

      Delete
  16. My father in law kalau bulan puasa suka sangat minum air halia campur gula melaka LL. Rasa rasalah jugak. Tapi kalau minum kat kedai, i rela minum air suam lagi LL dpd air ginger tu hihi....

    Yelah kan....apa yg dia letak ek boleh rasa sama sedap even vegetarian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Biasanya LL tak berapa suka air ginger tapi yang hari tu sedap plak. Orang kata, ginger ni boleh buang angin. Memang betul, Hainom. Lepas lunch jer terus keluar angin wahahaha!!

      Delete
  17. I can never get bored with food posts. Ha ha. I too will keep going back to the same place if the food is good! Your vegetarian food looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here, Nancy hee..hee.. Even if you post the same place and same food, I still find it interesting :)

      Delete