Wednesday 29 March 2017

This Has Got To Stop


I walked past Maybank just the other day and caught my silhouette on the sliding door. Gosh, I looked like a barrel (a small one lah).

I could pass off as one Rose Mah Mun Soh except that my hair was flat and I was carrying a RM49.90 handbag. 

Eating out almost everyday has taken its toll on my (already ample) physique. Whatever happened to my food prep? All that bravado about home cooked food and all?

Just one word. Laziness. I kind of let loose on Sundays and took one break too many. Well, this has got to stop. I must cook my lunches and dinners for the week again.

So. The other day I went to you-know-where for a late lunch. I noticed a guy at the next table enjoying his wanton mee.

A short while later, a server went to his table with a plate of what looked like omelette draped over something. Mr Wanton Mee mumbled to the server and sent him away.

Shortly after that, the lady boss pulak went over with that same plate of omelette and asked Mr Wanton Mee "You don't want this?" Again he mumbled and I heard him telling her that he would pay for it and she carried the omelette away.

I don't know the story but I reckon there must have been a misunderstanding. He must have placed an order and then changed his mind.

Anyway. This was what I had.



Chee Cheong Fun with mushrooms.



Not great but edible. I kind of thought of that omelette thingy because it looked very good to me.

So. On another visit I ordered the Char Siew Egg Foo Yong Rice (this is on the daily menu).



See the bump in the middle? The reveal.



Rice and char siew encased inside. I enjoyed this one a lot.



And oh, that first pic at the start of the post was Ginger Fried Rice.



One of the specials on one of the days. It was quite good. Gingery with good wok hei.

Well, thanks to Mr Wanton Mee, I am glad I tried the omelette rice. 


37 comments:

  1. Hey the day I could see Rose Mah Mun Soh's photo here, I would strike jackpot! Ha Ha...I think you are very attractive like Kim Kardashian.

    This dish of rice with hidden char siew as a gem is interesting and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyo, if I can look like KK I would be very pleased :)

      The omelette rice dish is good. It's comfort food to me.

      Delete
  2. Hi PH,
    kalau keluar jalan2..perut kenyang pun tetap rasa nk makan jugak kat luar..x makn yg heavy mkn yg lite2 jer kan..dompet kena gak stand by selai dua hihi..kompom terbang hihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lina! Makan kat luar seronok. Rileks jer. Lepas makan, bayor. Tak susah payah basuh periuk dan pinggan mangkuk :D

      Delete
  3. i would love the omelette rice too. your ccf with mushrooms look so watery. i wonder whether i am thick skinned enough to say i wan i wan the omelette rice when the wtman says he will pay for it but does not want to eat it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! That guy is more of a "You want you pay" type I think. If it were me, I would pay (for my mistaken order) and give away the dish.

      Delete
  4. Don't think i come across CCF watery type...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had another one yesterday that was also watery :(

      Delete
  5. I hope your laziness is not due to my lethargy spreading around. :(

    Hmm, the egg foo yong rice that I usually had, I remember the rice would be quite wet with gravy. I think I will enjoy this though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is contagious, isn't it? LOL! This egg foo yong dish is good. A very comforting meal for me.

      Delete
  6. Omelet rice? Mcm nasi goreng pattaya ke? Hehheh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Chee Cheong Fun tu i pernah makan. Kira first timelah i jumpa menu CCF ni kat breakfast hotel. Tapi bukan masak style kuah mcm tulah.

    CCF ni sama kan dengan yg kita makan dalam Yong Tau Foo tu...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Huiii nasi goreng tu.....mewah ommelete nampaknya. Puasa makan tu

      Delete
    2. CCF ni tak berapa sedap. LL suka yang ada sos pekat dan sos cili.

      Delete
  8. I like the char siew egg foo yong rice, I think I will enjoy it too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will enjoy it because it is very good. I will order it regularly now.

      Delete
  9. Walk beside me, you will look so slim! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wah macam best je the omelette rice...

    I used to cook for bekal time kerja dulu but once you stopped because of what ever reason, its gonna be tough to get the momentum backs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right. It's so hard for me to get back to prepping my meals. So malas!

      Delete
  11. Me too, prefer the omelette chair siu rice than the che cheong fun leh..

    ReplyDelete
  12. Luckily you didn't fall down or knock by the glass door.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I actually love ginger fried rice but I've not seen one cooked with soya sauce before though. That rice dish you had...I think they just tried to fan your curiosity by frying an omelette and plonking it on top to cover the char siew rice underneath. I guess it's a take on Pattaya Fried Rice but at least that one need a bit of skill to pull off. I've seen those Thai stalls in coffee shops make it. They had to make a very thin omelette and then wrap their fried rice inside! >.<

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was a clever presentation, like so mysterious hee..hee.. I have not had Pattaya Fried Rice but have seen photos of it. I always wondered how they warp the rice in the thin omelette. There must be a trick to it.

      Delete
  14. I know the feeling of guilt if I don't make time to prepare my lunch. It's always much healthier than what I can find to purchase.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our home cooked meals are loads better but I just need some motivation :)

      Delete
  15. PH, come join Coway Run on May 7th.

    Starting line is at Starling Mall. Hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiyoyo! Still got time for me to train, right? hee..hee.. Thanks for the heads up. I see how first. Very had to run when you are a fatty :(

      Delete
  16. Hi Phong Hong, no worries, the portion looks quite small. Boleh tahan-lah so long as you go walking for 30 minutes the next day, hehehe. My hubby always tell me, everything can eat one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimmy! hah..hah..I have been lazy to exercise even :( But there is always a tomorrow and I start tomorrow LOL!

      Delete
  17. Hi Phong Hong, intermittent fasting is the way to go...google it and try. You can still eat what you want but portion control and starve the first half of the day! It works.....I love that type of CCF it's with mushroom and pork gravy isn't it? Ipoh style....and the Omelette rice looks awesome...is this all at Annie1? haven;t been there for awhile!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kamal! I have heard about intermittent fasting but never paid much attention to it. I suppose I should look into it now, thanks! Yes, the CCF is with mushroom and pork gravy. All at Annie-1 :)

      Delete
  18. I will prefer the ginger fried rice or the omelette rice. If they have sambal belacan, lagi best! Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, sambal belacan would make everything better hah..hah..

      Delete