Monday 20 March 2017

Mr Fish


It was yet another evening when my partner had to work late. So he was confronted with Madam Grumpy Face. I dislike reaching home late and he knew exactly what to do.

He suggested dinner at Mr Fish Fish Head Noodles@The StarlingWell, I was still in black face mode and was not in the mood to take photos. 

But I was soon soothed by the mini rojak that was part of the combo meal. Just throw in an extra RM3.00 and you get a drink and rojak with your meal. 

A few days later, I decided to pop by for lunch because I rather enjoyed the curry laksa I had that evening. Well, actually I wanted the mini rojak hee..hee...


I made sure to go early to avoid the lunch crowd. Ordering here is easy. Just study the menu and then fill up the order chit.


Bah! The mini rojak combo was not available for lunch. But no matter. I selected the grouper with fish maw in clear soup.


It was very nice. There is a strong aroma of cooking wine in the broth.


You have a choice of thick or thin noodles and I selected thick.


The fish slices were fried and very fresh.

On another evening, I visited again with my partner. And heh..heh... I got my wish to eat rojak.


I ate mine and his hee..hee... He kept telling me that hae koh (otak udang/shrimp paste) is very bad for health. But I just ate lah.


My partner had the grouper fish slices in clear soup with thick noodles, just like what I had for lunch the other day. He said it was not as good as the fish porridge which he had on our first outing.


I had the tom yum version. The tom yam was spicy and very sourish. I loved it. Thumbs up from me, this one. 


For drinks, we had one lemongrass and one lime juice. Hot. Since I was with my inspector general cold-drinks-will-coagulate-oil-in-your-stomach, I gwai gwai take the hot drink.

I forsee myself coming back perhaps for the Salmon Fish Head Curry Noodle.

28 comments:

  1. Yum yum. I love clear both fish noodle. Rojak? Seldom eat it but I do enjoy stronger and thicker rojak paste. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fish noodle is good, highly recommended. As for the rojak, it's nice as an appetizer, as if I needed one hah..hah...

      Delete
  2. Both the fish noodle and tom yum look delicious. Rojak without the hae koh will not taste nice he he! We have also switched from cold to hot drinks for health sake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the fish noodles a lot! No hae koh means no rojak hah..hah... I still prefer cold drinks hee..hee..

      Delete
  3. Tom yam tu nampak sedapp la PH

    ReplyDelete
  4. ah so you finally eat at this Mr Fish which is the one next to wan shoon coffee shop in damansara kim. i wonder is the main shop still there. food there is good. i guess this branch serves the same good food too. really envy you, can get to eat at the starling mall for work lunch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The shop in Damansara Kim is still there I believe. So they are the same, eh? That's what I suspected. Have not been to the DKim one for a long time. I highly recommend this outlet at Starling. The broth is flavorful and the fish very fresh.

      Delete
  5. You making me craving for fish noodles at this hour, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hee..hee..I hope you have a place to get nice fish noodles..

      Delete
  6. Never had Tomyam with just fish before...looks appetizing there! Show us your Salmon Fish head next time! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very good leh! If you come down here, I belanja you :)

      Delete
  7. The way to a man's...I mean, a woman's heart is through the stomach. eh?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Replies
    1. Sedap, Raihanah. Licin PH kerjakan hee..hee...

      Delete
  9. Har koh is very bad for health, meh? ;) That means your partner doesn't eat assam laksa, Penang-style chee cheong fun or any vegetables fried in belacan? Aiyo, these ones are the best! ;D The only one I dislike is rojak buah coz I find that the fruits are usually too unripe, hard and sour (which they should be since it's fruit rojak after all) but I do like the crispy crackers though. Hehe, think of it (your partner being late to pick you up) as an opportunity to go jalan-jalan at Starling that's always welcome (it's near enough for you to walk there, right?) ^_~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what he says lah. He eats asam laksa but without the hae koh (where got kick, right?) and he also eats vegetable fried in belacan. I love rojak buah and there used to be a guy who sells outside Atria mall. His was the best! Well, I can extort my partner for dinners when he is late hee..hee.. It's quite fun actually :)

      Delete
  10. Aiyoh, don't go black face lah... LOL

    I'm heading to Starling Mall in May.
    Not for shopping or makan.
    But to run in Coway Run! Hihihi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Oh, maybe I can catch you there huh?

      Delete
  11. Mr. Fish sound familiar.... if I remember correctly one of my friend told me that she had a bad dining experience at their SS20 outlet :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been to the SS 20 outlet for years. The last time I was there, it was quite good. Anyway, I highly recommend this one at Starling.

      Delete
  12. Jap, let me imagine hows your black face, haha..but sure no more black face after got some rojak, right?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey, may I address you as Madame Starling? You seem to have covered all the outlets. They must be paying you protection money. Wakakaka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wahahaha!! Convenient for me to eat there lah. Now even better, there's an escalator besides UOB bank that leads to Daiso.

      Delete
  14. After reading your post, I very likely will pay this Mr. FISH a visit to taste the clear broth fish noodle. Tq for the recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, must visit because the clear broth soup is very tasty. Ho chiak!

      Delete