Friday 10 March 2017

BBQ Chicken Wings


Last year I made Barbecue Sauce and stashed quite a bit in the freezer. The containers were taking up space. Besides, I did not want to freeze the sauce for too long because that might affect the quality.

I didn't want to make ribs because frankly, I was tired of it. Too meaty. Imagine that. Me tired of BBQ ribs. So the next best option was what else but chicken wings.


I rubbed the wings with my homemade BBQ spice mix and roasted them in the oven for some 30 minutes or so.

After 15 minutes, I took them out and dipped each wing into the BBQ sauce. I saw Jamie Oliver do that on Youtube.

Then it was back into the oven to cook some more. In between, I flipped the wings.


The wings were nicely coated with the sauce and towards the end of the cooking time, the sauce caramelized and thickened.


You could also brush on more sauce but I did not do that. Instead, I served these wings with extra sauce on the side. It was so good. 

I made another batch over the next couple of weeks and managed to finish all my sauce. That's enough chicken wings for the year.

34 comments:

  1. enough chicken wings for the year!? but .. but .. it is only March, can you survive the next 9 months without chicken wings? ;p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love this!! I could never get bored or enough of chicken wings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chicken wings are very appealing. Last time I don't like.

      Delete
  3. I know the Bbq chicken wings must be tender, juicy and aromatic.
    Can I have a pair pls:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to roast my chicken wings like your style with the BBQ sauce and others to feed my fellow American college mates. I made over 200 wings and even put MSG! They loved them like hell. Muahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. i miss baked chicken wings but hubby still not free send my oven for repairing ~>_<~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I cannot resist these, chicken wings are my favourite anytime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yours look juicy and tasty, yums!

      Delete
    2. Can I ask you bake them with how many degrees C?

      Delete
    3. I baked them at 180C.

      Delete
  7. Yum! Yum! We do bake/roast/grill our own quite often...and yes, we do use BBQ sauce as well, the ones sold commercially. These days, I would have to check the ingredients, some are not gluten free. Not cheap, the imported ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of the imported BBQ sauce are really tasty.

      Delete
  8. Your chicken wings look yum. I do love chicken wings though I prefer them without too much sauce slathered on them. In fact, I just had grilled chicken wings with that lovely charcoal flavour from a coffee shop 2 nights ago! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If it is well seasoned, it doesn't even need any sauce :)

      Delete
  9. I need a BIB now...really salivating over these chicken wings.. After an unsatisfying breakfast this morning, these wings are very welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so tempting, I can eat many of it, hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  11. These BBQ chicken wings looked tasty and tempting! I can't say no to chicken wings ... anyway of cooking them ^-^!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not a fan of chicken wings, as I don't like the fat and bone. I bet I'd like the sauce on the breast meat however, maybe even sliced into a salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good on chicken breasts too, though that's not my favorite part :)

      Delete
  13. Hi Phong Hong, your BBQ chicken wings look really, really good and nicely 'tanned'. I want some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimmy! hah..hah...the sauce is good.

      Delete
  14. Mmmm .... sounds so delicious and finger licking good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aduhhh.... Sos BBQ I tak terusik lagi LL. Bila bila nak cari Chicken Wings jugaklah. Macam sedap jer tu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hah...PH dah agak dah BBQ sos Hainom masih dara lagi hah..hah..hah...

      Delete