Thursday 8 December 2016

Roasted Chicken With Sausages and Vegetables


When I saw this dish on Food Wishes I was immediately attracted simply because the dish looked so pretty. What attracted me even more was the idea of including sausages, peppers and potatoes into the baking pan.

There is nothing fussy about the preparation. I skipped the part where you pan fry the sausages first as I felt it was not necessary.



All your ingredients are spread on a baking tray and then baked in the oven for about 40-50 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.

If your ingredients did not cook at the same time, just remove the cooked ones and continue to bake until the rest are done. 



You can use any kind of sausages you like, choose one that has loads of flavors. 

Roasted Chicken with Sausages and Vegetables
Recipe source : Adapted from Food Wishes

Ingredients : 
- 4 chicken thighs
- 4 sausages, each cut into 3
- 1/2 each green, red and yellow capsicum, sliced
- 1 big onion, sliced into wedges
- 4 chat potatoes, cut into quarters (I steamed the potatoes till half cooked first)
- some olive oil
- some Cajun seasoning

Method :
1. Put chicken thighs, sausages and all vegetables into a big mixing bowl.
2. Season with Cajun seasoning.
3. Drizzle olive oil and mix to coat all ingredients.
4. Pour everything onto a baking tray in a single layer.
5. Bake in the oven at 180C for 40-50 minutes or until chicken is cooked and vegetables are tender.

35 comments:

  1. Hi Phong Hong, this non fuss dish will be perfect for festive dining at home! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen! Yes, very convenient and comes out delicious all the time :)

      Delete
  2. I love these type of one pan dishes :) Are those chorizo (or Taiwanese) sausages? May I ask what's the reason for scoring the chicken thighs (since I've not seen you do that to your roasted chicken before)....and where's the scoring done coz I don't seem to see any slits on the beautiful skin.

    Your recipe mentioned 4 chicken thighs but I spotted 5 in your baking tray....oops!! ;) Now who ate an extra piece of chicken thigh....wakakakaka! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ewew you are so detailed. I didn't even count the thighs and didn't pay any attention to the word scored next to the chicken thighs.

      Delete
    2. Oops! Actually, this is my second attempt, without scoring (and with extra chicken hee.hee..) and I have updated the recipe (thanks for spotting!). Scoring helps the chicken cook faster but it looks ugly lah. I used chorizo and it is awesome.

      Delete
  3. Your dish is so tempting and pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is definitely a healthy menu..memang nampak sedap...
    Cuma kentang tak boleh banyak...;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beyul Ayu. PH makan kentang 2 keping aje. Sumpah. LOL!

      Delete
  5. The whole dish looks so tempting with the golden chicken. I like to eat roasted capsicums and potatoes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one pot dish. Got all the nutrients in one dish.

    Hmm. Maybe will try this over the weekend. I love roasted chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a one pan meal and it's so convenient. Hope you like it too.

      Delete
  7. Hi Phong Hong, you roast chicken dishes are forever so tempting. These days I haven't been roasting chicken, prefer quick stir fry but I do miss roasted chicken and spare ribs. They are yummylicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kimmy! I did take quite a long break from roasting. I just realized how convenient it is compared to cooking curry or stir fries.

      Delete
  8. I like this! My kind of fuss-free recipe for Christmas eve dinner! Thank you so much, Phong Hong!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome Nancy! This is the sort of dish to feed a crowd hah..hah..

      Delete
  9. This combination will be great for my girl who is quite picky on food... I think she will attack the sausages leaving the chicken for me and the boys!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the sausages taste better than the chicken, so can't blame your girl hah..hah...

      Delete
  10. Can try with daging too, right? Good idea to save minyak masak due to minyak masak dah naik harga. Hehheh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, can try with daging but use the tender cut. If not, susah nak empuk.

      Delete
  11. Hi PH, I tried the Turmeric Roasted Chicken the other time after buying the new oven as per your Recipe, but the inside of my roasted chicken was not cooked well and is still raw, maybe because I am not experienced enough :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to roast longer and make sure your chicken is at room temperature before you put in the oven.

      Delete
  12. A lot on just one plate😀

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes, lovely! Another dish that we can cook, safe for my girl to enjoy but we are staying away from sausages though - not sure if there is any wheat flour or not inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have to check the label and see if there is any. There could be some in there as a binding agent.

      Delete
  14. That's such a healthy & colourful treat! TGIF, dear! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Shirley. Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  15. Grease and flavour to the max 😋😋😋

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh la la, beautiful golden brown skin, the best part of the chicken!

    ReplyDelete