This vegetable dish I learnt from a blog that is no longer active. Some of you who read Malay blogs may know Queenie of Semalam Berlalu Esok Menanti. I am not putting a link to this blog because it is now basically a shell, all posts have been deleted.
I loved Kak Q's blog because she's hilarious. The woman was a total riot and reading her blog was one of the highlights of my blog hopping activities.
I have no idea why Kak Q has gone AWOL but I respect her decision. I regret not jotting down her many recipes and I still miss her. Kak Q, wherever you are, I hope that you are well and happy.
Spicy Mixed Long Beans, Four Angle Beans and Ladies Fingers
Recipe source : Semalam Berlalu Esok Menanti
- Long beans, sliced
- Four angle beans, sliced
- Ladies Fingers, sliced
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- fish sauce or salt to taste
Pounded ingredients :
- Red chillies
1. Heat oil in wok and saute pounded ingredients until aromatic.
2. Add long beans and ladies fingers. Stir.
3. Add some water and cover the wok to simmer the vegetables until tender crisp.
4. Add four angle beans and stir fry briefly.
5. Push vegetables aside, add some oil to the wok.
6. Pour beaten egg and scramble until almost set.
7. Stir to mix the vegetables and the scrambled eggs.
8. Season with fish sauce or salt to taste.