Friday 12 August 2016

Low Carbing But Not Starving


It's been six weeks now since I started my low carb eating plan. These days we don't say diet because diet is a very tired word. 

So. Let's see what have I been surviving on.


Meatballs, cauliflower fried rice, tomatoes with some chimichurri and stir fried peashoots. It tasted alright.


Roasted pork loin, roasted tomatoes, roasted brocolli with bacon and cauliflower fried rice (again). Taste so so only.


To perk up my so so food, I made more chimichurri. I'm addicted to this stuff.



It transformed my plain tasting food from this....



....into this. Awesome. Chimichurri rocks I tell you.



The roasted peppers also helped to lift the taste of the cold chicken and vegetables.

It has been good so far, just that I get really busy on weekends doing my prep. But it's worth it. I can feel a difference. I think I am losing some weight woohoo!!

I feel a lot better too. No more sluggish sleepy feeling after lunch. I used to feel drowsy and low energy after eating chap fan even without the rice.

Here's a couple more. 




Meatballs with Stir Fried Broccoli and Roasted Yellow and Green Zucchini.



Pulled Pork with Coleslaw, leftover Roasted Potatoes (just 3 small pieces), Cucumbers and Cherry Tomatoes. Oh, I spotted two pieces of bacon among the potatoes. How did they get there? Hmmmm....


Same thing except no more potatoes. I added an egg and a dollop of that green stuff.

And when I get peckish in the afternoon, instead of looking for buns or snacks, I eat these.

>.<

34 comments:

  1. Wish i could be like you, eat the cucumber, me still crave for snacks, etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so discipline. I couldnt survive without carb for a day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all look good and healthy. Well done on keeping it up, Phong Hong.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Six weeks??? You lasted longer than me. Wayyyyyy longer than me. Bravo, bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have just shared something very yummy and very lovely! I would loose weight in just 3 days. Can you next post your bathroom scale too? LOLOL

    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I applaud your determination and your 6 weeks of low carb eating plan....onto your next 6 weeks ;) If I follow your low carbing...I think I'd be starving! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. 'eating plan' is cool ... some people use 'eating regimen,' but i hate that cos it sounds like a very strict military or medical programme. i like the look of the pork loin and the cauliflower rice ... and chimichurri is a brilliant addition! for variation in future, maybe you could experiment with other healthy sauces like gremolata and salsa verde ... oh, hmmm, snacking on cucumbers ... i actually don't like timun (they're the one thing i ignore in my nasi lemak) ... how about carrot sticks as an afternoon snack instead (more nutrients too!) :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I happen to love timun :) But I don't really like to eat it by itself like that :( Yeah, should try carrot sticks next. And I will check out gremolata and salsa verde :)

      Delete
  8. Your low carb meals all look very tasty. I could eat them with less meat because I don't need to eat so much meat. I think I would like the chimichurri too because it looks so green and healthy. Happy Low Carbing! Keep it up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am enjoying the meals and will keep it up. Thanks!

      Delete
  9. Everything looks so good, can't believe you're on a diet, eating those!

    Not for me, thank you - I believe moderation is the key and as long as one is healthy, never mind the shape and size. My ex-colleague, same age, retired together, would not eat anything unhealthy, very strict control of her food intake and diet, exercised every day - I was amazed how she could run round the stadium so fast at our age...but she had joined the heavenly choir now. Man proposes, God disposes. Pray...always.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right. I also know some people who were super strict with their diet and yet they went too early.....

      Delete
  10. I don't mind eating those low carb meals like yours, but I am lazy to prepare them. You are so diligent. So glad to hear you are starting to lose some weight. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cuz, make kay char eam la....we have that for lunch every day...oh wait, then repeat play for one whole month.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't believe you when you said your food taste so so only, they look so yummy to me, by the way, PH, you are the Top 3 commenter in my blog and I have decided to send you some souvenirs, do leave your mailing address in my email lilian_fu2002@yahoo.com and I will send them to you, cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Libby! I already sent you an email :)

      Delete
  13. Dear Phong Hong, I love all your low carbs menu. So yummy looking to me. I don't mind having these for next 10 years or so. I just wish to stay with you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Replies
    1. I am longing for banana leaf rice.... LOL!

      Delete
  15. I want to loose weight too. Like your phrase that replace 'Diet'. I tried some low carbo meals but always felt like I'm missing something. I ended up eating more, why? Love your low-carb meals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kimmy! I do miss my carbs....LOL!

      Delete
  16. Fruits and vegetable always cannot satisfy my afternoon craving, I've tried ~>_<~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am ok with the cucumbers but of course it is not so happening >.<

      Delete