Saturday 28 July 2012

Chilli Tuna Pasta



When I have no idea what to eat or if I am not in the mood to cook, I make chilli tuna pasta. It started off on a whim when I decided to empty a can of chilli tuna onto some pasta and raw veges. A squeeze of lime and it was transformed into a very nice and simple dish.

All you need is any kind of pasta, a can of chilli tuna, cucumbers, carrots, tomatoes, onions, herbs and lime juice. To add some kick to it, I recommend a dash of fish sauce. Toss it all up and enjoy!

Chilli Tuna Pasta
Any pasta of your choice, cooked as per packet instructions.
Cucumber
Carrots
Tomatoes
Onions
Daun kesum (Laksa leaves)
Daun selasih (local basil)
Mint
Lime juice
Fish Sauce
1 can chili tuna

Mix all ingredients together and serve.

I used this brand.
A simple and healthy dish.
Add sambal belacan for the X-factor.


14 comments:

  1. Hi Phong Hong,

    Pasta looks YYummYY !!!!

    Neat presentation :))

    www.southindiafoodrecipes.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Punitha! Its a lazy person's dish :)

      Delete
  2. What an easy dish to make that brings out the great flavour of the chilli tuna! Yum yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jessie, I love the cili padi in the chilli tuna, really make it appetizing.

      Delete
  3. What a great idea, Phong Hong! I always had headache what to eat, what to cook? I like one dish meal..... Thank you thank you. It does look real delicious to me. And yes, a squirt of lime juice in would taste so much better too! I'm happy you post this up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mel, I'm happy you like my simple dish.

      Delete
  4. Yummmm...that looks good. It's a salad dish, no frying, I guess?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No frying, no cooking. Perfect for those lazy hazy days!

      Delete
  5. pasta is always a good choice and this recipe seems also to be healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ola, yes its healthy with a good dose of raw vegetables.

      Delete
  6. Hi Phong Hong ,

    Looks delicious !!!

    And Do collect your

    SunShine Blog Award at

    www.southindiafoodrecipes.blogspot.in

    EnjoYYYY !!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Punitha, thank you so much! I am so honoured by your generosity.

      Delete
  7. very colorful pasta.. wish to have it right now :)

    ReplyDelete